Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had the money, and needed to purchase a Mission, Scorpyd or a Ravin, which one would you choose? What model? Why? To be used for hunting.
Consider speed, balance, vibration at shot and quietness.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Scorpyd Deathstalker. I have one and it has no vibration, easy to cock, plenty of speed, lite and narrow, and didn't break my bank account.. :)

·
Anti Fanboy
42,806 Posts
If I wanted a faster bow I would go with a DeathStalker. Scorpyd DS has so much going for it. Life time warranty, quiet, accurate, fast, light, somewhat compact, dead in the hand on the shot, and well built. Not a fan of a sled or reverse limbs, though.

However, I'm very happy with my SUB-1 and I wouldn't mind having another one for a backup bow. No other bow can match all the features of the SUB-1. Not the fastest (350 FPS) but one nice bow overall. I really like it.

Ravin is not even a consideration for this ole boy.

·
Registered
9,413 Posts
I have a local dealer/friend who carries Mission. That would be the one, and I'd probably go for the 400. Don't really need the speed the way I hunt, but it's their only model that would give me a significant boost in speed from my recurves. I like that Missions can be serviced and adjusted without a press (Scorpyd too, except for limb changes). I have been doing almost all my own archery work since the early '90s. I would love to try a Deathstalker, but I really think as light and balanced as they are, I would have trouble shooting it offhand. I really like more forward weight than most do.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have a r9,deathstalker and a mission dagger. If I had to get rid of one it would be the r9. If I had to get rid of 2 of them. The deathstalker would stay. With all that said scorpyd and mission are my favorite brands. Of coarse that's just my personal preference.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Ravin 20, cocking and decock, speed, power, compact

·
Registered
21,713 Posts
Ive been using the Mission 400's for 3 seasons. Im not looking to change. Out of all the bows out there i chose to buy 2 :). Based off of 10 years of crossbow hunting.

I put Mission and scorpyd the top 2. IMO you want over 400 fps get a scorpyd below that a mission.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
No question here...
Scorpyd ,them Mission ......
Anxious to see what ten point brings to the table this year....

·
Huntoholic
10,773 Posts
Out of the three you asked about, it would be tough between the Mission and the Scorpyd, but only because I prefer the forward riser design, I would go with the Mission, bith those models are well proven quality safe bows to use, the other has proven to bring a lot of issues for baggage with it, and absolutely no forgiveness.

As for reasons other than the forward riser, both do not need a press to maintain, but the Mission with the 400 model would be favorable for price, but for a little more money, even though slower, I think from what owners are telling us, I would much prefer everything else the Sub-1 offers, enough speed, quiet, no recoil or vibration, and easier to draw, but most of all, a more compact design.

·
Bringer of truth
14,916 Posts
i would get the Scorpyd, unless you really need the decocking feature bad.

Scorpyd is an extremely accurate fast bow, easy to tune and work on. Offers a very stable platform for longer shots.

And in the end you can get a fantasic slow shooting bow for 229.00 spend another 210.00 and you get a slow bow with a great trigger

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you everyone................Keep the opinions coming..........looks like Scorpyd and Mission are the TOPS on everyone's list.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Going on year 5 with my Mission MXB400 so that says it all, power, accuracy, dependability and can work on myself in a light and compact package. Had a Ravin and sold it after a month, there's plenty written about their problems, I didn't trust the safety or shuttle mechanism but maybe this years' models will be better. As for Scorpyd, I am seriously considering the DS but would like a little more power in a lighter bow and the Aculeus is also out of my price range until the used ones hit the market.

·
today's macguyver
5,682 Posts
SCORPYD first ,MISSION second For this guy .
Both bows can be worked on without a press , efficient ,speed , accuracy , they both got it ,
i just prefer the reverse draw as they balance better .

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Yup Scorpyd then the Mission but see if any in local stores to try to see what feels good to you as either one will be a good choice.

·
Bringer of truth
14,916 Posts
if you think you want a mission i would be scooping up one of the 3 sub1 bows in the classifieds

·
Romans 8:1-39 NLT
1,076 Posts
Mission for me. I like the platform and size better. I love my Dagger! It's been extremely reliable for three seasons and 20 whitetails. Not the fastest bow but kills deer dead and I find all my arrows. Sub 1 might be my next because of the no cam design and de-cocking mechanism. Larger dealer network to get parts, repairs and try new models.

Scorpyd is a strong second but no dealers close to me.

Raven....big never for me, for lots of reasons (rest, arrows, safety issues, advertising, etc.....etc.). Plus I held one and hated it.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Never owned a Ravin..most likely never will...dont likely he idea of not being able to use a sled or rope cocking device..
Now I've owned both Scorpyd and Mission bows..both are good, solid choices..Scorpyd has the edge with their trigger in my opinion..having said that, it go with a Mission..in particular the Sub-1. Nice features all the way around and plenty of speed..more than enough for me.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts