Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
PRO SHOP OWNER BOWTECH MATHEWS
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
set up. allegiance ,74 lbs ,30 inch draw, my own strings,windstalker, sts.
55/75 pro hunters 28-5 inch 3 staggered blazers at 1/2 inch, 368 grain.
328 fps.
shot 100 wacemc and 100 crinsom talons at 30 yards.
shot wacem first next shot cut nok in half with talon almost dead center in 2 inch bull.
second set shot talon first, next shot took 1 vane off first arrow with wacem. tomorrow will shoot out to 70 yards with wacems and talons to see how they group at longer distances.
if you had a choice which one of the two would you shoot? going for elk and muleys next month.
please dont give me another choice just one of the two.

·
Registered
PRO SHOP OWNER BOWTECH MATHEWS
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
went and shot them out to 60 yards today . shot four shot groups. broke two broadheads one talon and one wacem .one hit the other in the target. they shot the same . like the idea that the talon cuts a much bigger hole. but also like the wacems .the wacem sheered one blade off the talon plus split the tip.i only shoot a broadhead once at a animal then change the blades so i cant see a problem with the talons, even if it lost one blade on entry it would still cut a bigger hole then the wacem. cant make up my mind.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I shoot a set up much like yours and realy have had good luck with the little Wac'ems. They seam to be a great little head.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.