Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was just curious b.c im shootin a bow at 60lbs and was wantin to try them this year.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
I've killed deer with the Sidewinder and the Steelhead...I'm gonna shoot the Meatseeker this year.
For a low KE setup the Steelhead is a mean little head.

·
JB WELD PRO STAFFER
13,079 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
I shoot the sidewinder 4l at 70 lbs.

·
Registered
315 Posts
My dad gave me about 5 of the Rockets. I changed the blades and plan to use them this year

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
100 grain Steelhead. I've shot them at 70 and 60 pounds of dw, and my wife shoots them at 50 pounds of dw. I've probably killed 75 deer with Steelheads since I started shooting them and have never been disappointed with their performance. FWW

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
SteelHead 125gr, 4 blades at 67#

·
Registered
473 Posts
I think that the Rocket Meatseeker is probably the most advanced head on the market today. I shoot the 2 blade 100 grain 64 lbs 29 inch draw, and these head fly just like my field points and they shoot clean through deer with major damage, these heads are truly amazing.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Shooting steelhead 100's, at 65 pounds. Haven't used em on a deer yet but i'm sure they'll cut through them like butter. Oh yeah i've shot turkeys with hammerheads before, wicked holes.

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
I have been using the Steelheads since the late '90's and now use the XL's(1 1/2" 100gr), 65lbs and around 310fps...killed many many deer with 'em, some over 200 lbs. No stronger Mech. out there.....they beat the hell out of Rages and they wont pop open in flight or in the quiver......

·
The Impartial Archer
18,244 Posts
If you really want a better answer you should post your arrow weight and bow speed.......draw weight is really irrelevant because bows vary so much in performance.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Another 100 gr Steelhead vote! Been using them for years. Blasted through my '07 5x5 Bull Elk, into the far side shoulder blade and stayed intact. Accuracy and toughness is the key to these overlooked, undervalued, INCREDIBLE little heads....

Trying out the XL's this year (2 days until I'm up after Elk again) so I'll let you know (hopefully) next week.

29" / 70 lb / '03 Hoyt Magnatec (Now upgraded to 2011 Hoyt Carbon Element)

With 60 lb under your trigger finger, you'll have no problem; just put it in the right spot! As with any head, placement is the key.

J.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
90 gr. slammerheads @ 60Lbs. Been shooting rockets since they came out never a problem. Tried others but always went back to rockets. Always same as field tips and 100% dependable.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Get you some Steelheads. It wont matter what draw weight or length you shoot. They are and awesome head. The toughest and best flying mechanical ever made. You wont be disappointed with them.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts