Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you kill it, knowing you would never get caught?:set1_thinking:

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
Would you kill it, knowing you would never get caught?:set1_thinking:
I'll bite..........No.I am a firm believer and i live by it....if it's not causing bodly harm and your not going to eat it........don't kill it.I take a lot of pride in not being one of those who......it's there and i'm here and i'm killing it for no reason other than self pleasure.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Hell yes......That is the lone reason for me carrying my Kimber .45 Ultra Covert with me when I bowhunt Wisconsin...they got some wolves up yonder.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
If the stupid tree huger groups don't let us manage them again this year, and if I new for sure I was not going to get caught, yup in a hart beat. If we get a hunting season, then that would be a big no.

·
Registered
16,024 Posts
So your asking who on here will admit that they would break the law? Funny how some could precieve that as ok to do but would come unglued about someone shooting a deer illegally.

·
Trollinus Maximus.
33,461 Posts
nope , why poach? :darkbeer:

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
So your asking who on here will admit that they would break the law? Funny how some could precieve that as ok to do but would come unglued about someone shooting a deer illegally.
Not much difference between shooting an animal illegally and stealing a tree stand while trespassing.

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
I wouldn't kill it just to kill it. Now if I felt there was a threat of some sort to me or my children...then I'd kill it without hesitation. Natures laws supercede man's laws IMO.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Not much difference between shooting an animal illegally and stealing a tree stand while trespassing.
You need to live and hunt an area where they are at, and watch then destroy the herds. while being told you can't do any thing about it. Not to mention they are now coming into people's propety to stalk animals, I mean like right out side there house kinda coming into their property. I know of several cases where people have had then inside thier yard where their kids wait for the school bus.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
I don't mean to horn in,but i stole a tree stand when i was 18.....that was 35yrs ago when i was stupid and uncaring.......i've grown up since than and have respect for other peoples property and have respect for wild life.Some never grow up and learn the true meaning of sportsmanship and being ethical.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why? If you stumbled upon me, would you kill me knowing you wouldnt get caught??
After reading that article about the wolves taking the herd of elk in yellowstone from 16,000 to 6,000, it kind of makes me wonder, as an elk hunter, if confronted with that situation what I would do. I still am not sure. I love my elk hunting and we dont have enough elk here in Oregon to sustain a drop in elk population like that.

Am I asking is someone would do something illegal hypothetically? Yes. Can you get prosecuted for answering? No.

As for the guy who asked if I would kill him if I knew I wouldnt get caught.....:eek:t:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I personally in 20 + years of moose hunting could of shot 3 but my native
family members who have since passed said ya dont kill or eat your brothers
meaning i think that you shouldent consume the flesh of carnivors but i could be wrong

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
No I wouldn't. If it were acting aggressive or I felt like it was going to attack, it could kiss it's butt goodbye. If it was close, but acting non-threatening, then no. I'd take pictures and check it out, but I wouldn't shoot it.

If I had a wolf tag, that'd be a different story.:D

-ZA

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
In a heart beat.

The same as trespassing and stealing tree stands? Hardly. Under the same logic you could say speeding is just like killing a person.

I have seen what wolves do. I am strongly against all the tree hugging left wing legislation that goes into protecting them and putting them here in the first place. My cousins have had their cattle killed by wolves. Their best cow dog was killed by wolves while chained TO THEIR FRONT PORCH.

Sportsmen worked for decades to manage and balance our animal populations and herds. A couple of liberals with hair brained ideas thought it would be a good idea to bring back cute little wolves. "Oh, they'll stay in the park" they said. Yeah right.

Wolf packs have now spread like wildfire and are ripping up our deer and elk herds, not to mention our sheep and cows. I have seen a wolf in Utah while hunting elk, and they aren't even supposed to be here. They are an apex predator and they are taking a huge toll.

An area I hunted last year in Idaho used to have elk bugling on a consistent basis. Now the elk will not make a peep because of the wolves.

I have a hunch that most of you that wouldn't harm a wolf haven't seen your hunting grounds devastated by them or your animals killed by them.

Don't cry to me that killing a wolf is the same as poaching an elk or a deer. It's not.

·
Registered
641 Posts
No. And to respond here on a public site that you would illegally kill any animal without just cause, then you are just asking for more anti hunting support. Legal hunting, such as in AK, no problem, in areas where protected, you're a fool.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Ok....

Enough is enough...No more "would you *break the law of any kind* " Threads....Its done, and they are stupid...this one will be locked as will any other that comes up...

PUG

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.