Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
In the back of my truck.It won't come out unless I'm removing a deer from the woods.

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
not me. its pretty hot usually and I dont want to walk that far and get real sweaty. I hide it off in the weeds around 150 yards or so from where Im gonna hunt. If it's colder, maybe 200-250 tops.

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
I never take it in the woods before i get a deer.

·
74,535 Posts
Im quessing 1/4 to a 1/2 mile depending on the spot.

DB

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I try to pull the front rack against the bottom of my climbing sticks. Then I can just step over the handle bars, off the front directly onto my climbing sticks. Duct tape a grunt call to the exhaust. That way on your way in deer just think you are a Big O'l buck cruising for does. Hurry and get in the stand though, as another buck may come in looking to fight.

·
Registered
450 Posts
250 yds to 1/4 mile..depending on location. I've actually been on my way out mid-morning and had a buck within 10 feet of the atv. I don't think the noise bothers them too much in my area from what I've witnessed.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
My walks are around 150 to 200 yard walks. Never had a problem yet.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
well at the farm that i usally hunt, it wouldnt bother them at all. they are used to it with all the tractors and trucks that drive around. but i would do like some have said, 250 yards and tuck it back in some brush.

·
Registered
24,903 Posts
i drove one to my stand a few times and parked it less then 100 yds away. first time i did it not even 5 minutes after getting in the stand a herd of doe came walking through. saw deer all the other times as well.

·
Registered
446 Posts
mine stays in the back of the truck until i need it, but on the flip side, my truck is parked 75yards from my stand.

·
Born yank raised south
16,749 Posts
Stays put up at the camp until needed. The deer in my neck of the swampy woods are ATV shy.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Depends where Im hunting, couple places I leave it at home and walk 1/4 to 1/2 mile to stand, other place I ride ATV to with 150 yds of one of my stands as Ive got to cross or go around plowed or planted fields. Deer pay very little attention to it Ive rode to with in 20 ft. of 3-4 does before and theyve just ran off to the side and watched me go by.

·
Registered
655 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
If you use an atv scouting, checking cameras, replenishing salt licks, filling feeders, etc they probably won't mind it too much but I usually either get in really early with a 4 wheeler or stay back 200-250 yards.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts