Archery Talk Forum banner

IL success thread

6062 66
Alright guys and gals. let's see those IL bow kills!!
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

· Registered
4,102 Posts
Friday night lights

Took a big doe Wednesday morning and this buck Friday night. Same stand over a food plot I put in this past August. He was standing in about the same foot prints as the doe was. I have this deer on the wildlife eye 4 times during the summer, and one cuddeback photo of him. Also think that I have his sheds from last year. If they are his he exploded from last year, other wise there is another one very close to him around there. Loaded w/ more tags ready to hit the woods again...I would have no problems just drinking beer during shotgun season b/c I'm tagged out.

Attachments

· Registered
4,071 Posts
What a buck BigA. Very nice.

But i'm kind of wondering about that gun season you were talking about. Are you old enough to drink beer :wink:. Just playing. We look forward to seeing more of these pics in the future

· Registered
4,102 Posts
inside spread is just under 18", 9 1/2" tines, 23" mains, and the most impressive...6" bases. Deer has great mass. Buddy put a tape on him and netted him at 135". Nets are for fishing though!

· Registered
4,102 Posts
keep it alive guys

I know people from IL are knocking some more deer than this! keep this one at the top of the thread or it will get lost in the ****.

earlier posted question...not sure what my deer will score. I honestly did not tape him other then the rough tape to the tines, spread, beams, bases. I will post score when I get it scored. Good luck all! I am out of town and won't be able to hunt till Friday, so watch out northern IL deer come Friday1

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.