Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired am Original Titan in a trade with another ATer. Didn't know what to expect but I always waned to try one. Good friends waned me it would be addicting. Well after a few weeks of shooting this bow I can say my friends were right. I have never shot so well or as consistently. My groups are tighter and my flyers have went to none. Really looking forward to caring it during my upcoming hog hunt to Ft Stewart in March.

·
Civil but Disobedient
7,250 Posts
5 years ago we would not have had a post titled "ILF Love". In fact, more probable would have been "ILF What?"

We have come a long way.

·
im not NOT licking toads.
7,806 Posts
i just got my first ilf bow in the mail today (tradtech black onyx riser with tradtech glass/wood woodgrain limbs)

and have to say, ive been experiencing a HEAVY dose of ILF love after shooting it all day today :) wow!

the grip fits me like it was made for me,and im shooting better than i have ever shot.

come to think of it maybe i need to get a shirt made with "LOVE MY ILF" on it hahahahaha :) yes im a weirdo sometimes LOL

·
Registered
437 Posts
UPS delivered the rest I had on order from Lancaster yesterday for the Avalon Plus riser. Actually I ordered the rest Hank recommended a week or so ago and it was on back order so I opted to the same ARE rest I have on the GMX riser. Have not been shooting the IFL bows indoors over the winter not wanting to crash the upper limb of the 68" bow into the floor joists in the basement range 13 yard range. Stuck the rest on made some initial wire adjustments, made a crude adjustment to the nocking point. Using a wide stance to lower my frame nocked one of the 6 2012's that were handy. Shot two more arrows, center of the spot, the 4th arrow robin hooded the 3rd arrow. I am very fond of my Bear TD and will continue to shoot it exclusively attempting to be able to shoot it as well as the IFL equipment. Honestly I know that will probably will never happen and am positive it will never happen switching from bow to bow. Plans are to shoot the Bear T.D for indoors, 3D and hunting and the IFL's for FITA. The 2012's have a super nock bushing. The 2114's Bear TD X7 have installed "G" nock bushings to reduce the chance of ruining two good arrows (robin hood). That seems to be working as there just 2 Bear T.D split "G" nocks in the floor sweep pile.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Glad you're enjoying it Tracker. While I do believe ILF rigs (especially metal ones) are more tunable to a specific archer, and can therefore be more forgiving and therefore more accurate, I think you will eventually come to another conclusion.

While the "interchangeability" is nice, and it is definitely fun, you will soon realize that even with the most basic of components, very few of us can, or will ever be able to outshoot our rigs. ILF does make coming to that conclusion a lot less expensive.

:)

KPC

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I have never tried to buy a better golf game and not trying to buy a better shot. But I have enough experience in shooting sport to know that Equipment does matter

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With all snow we got last night and today 20+" I have been doing a lot of shooting in the basement. I can get right at 18 yards. I brought in my outdoor Merrel bag and have been shooting an indoor 300 course. Interesting thing is I have been using a bunch go Easton Redline 520's with 3" vanes that I used to shot out of my speed bow compound. Screwed a 225 FP on them and they just fly straight as hell.

Rich
I still remember shooting your TT Titan III with the carbon limbs at Baltimore.

·
Registered
9,394 Posts
With all snow we got last night and today 20+" I have been doing a lot of shooting in the basement. I can get right at 18 yards. I brought in my outdoor Merrel bag and have been shooting an indoor 300 course. Interesting thing is I have been using a bunch go Easton Redline 520's with 3" vanes that I used to shot out of my speed bow compound. Screwed a 225 FP on them and they just fly straight as hell.

Rich
I still remember shooting your TT Titan III with the carbon limbs at Baltimore.
I think I was there when you shot reds bow :)

·
Public land herd thinner
2,248 Posts
Red can shoot that bow great. I would watch him shoot all the time at Anne Arundel archers

·
32,712 Posts
I do like the ILF bows and its all I will shoot at the moment......I like the plunger and the raised rest.....but most of all I like the risers and the option of different limbs.....for some reason I don't care for the wood risers......

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That bow is not much of a challenge for Red he should just pass it on to ones of us:)
Joe
Yep I think you were there good buddy.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I got the ILF bug pretty good!

Stumped up for some premium (Dryad) limbs now too and I think it will be hard to reverse.

I too snagged an original Titan which quickly became my hunting bow and I have no intention of changing it, I'm a happy camper with it all!

A couple of downside, since I moved into the system especially the 19"riser/long limb combos I found some of my old favourites pretty much unshootable so I jettisoned a couple of shorter bows including a previously much loved Hoyt Dorado as I knew I would not be shooting them again.

The other downside is rules in "instinctive" class which, I believe (but ready to stand corrected!) does not allow two limbs with tiller adjustment, just one so I am waiting clarification on this and looking into how I can lock one limb up. I will be most annoyed with myself if I dropped so much dollar on my new Dryad and I can't attend the big shoots I would like to!

·
Archery curmudgeon
2,785 Posts
Glad yours is working out Tony. Can't wait for 3-D to start. A club in Carroll Co. is starting sometime in Feb weather depending.

·
Registered
10,858 Posts
I got the ILF bug pretty good!

Stumped up for some premium (Dryad) limbs now too and I think it will be hard to reverse.

I too snagged an original Titan which quickly became my hunting bow and I have no intention of changing it, I'm a happy camper with it all!

A couple of downside, since I moved into the system especially the 19"riser/long limb combos I found some of my old favourites pretty much unshootable so I jettisoned a couple of shorter bows including a previously much loved Hoyt Dorado as I knew I would not be shooting them again.

The other downside is rules in "instinctive" class which, I believe (but ready to stand corrected!) does not allow two limbs with tiller adjustment, just one so I am waiting clarification on this and looking into how I can lock one limb up. I will be most annoyed with myself if I dropped so much dollar on my new Dryad and I can't attend the big shoots I would like to!
Instinctive div requires a wood or other natural material riser that only adjusts one limb. I believe some riser builders have a system that prevents adjustment of one limb when installed but I haven't seen it in action.

Grant

1 - 20 of 46 Posts