Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
X-Spot 25" Barebow ILF Riser with WNS Delta C3 Medium ILF Limbs...
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi archers,

I've been supporting a lot of young adult archers in getting started with the sport and I want to see if anyone has suggestions for beginner/intermediate OR (Olympic)/Barebow Recurve ILF setups or individual risers and limbs! A lot of the archers I'm supporting are mostly new to the sport and are in/recently graduated from college so the more affordable the better.

I have mostly been recommending the Galaxy ___Star or Krossen Xenia limbs (between 20-28# for beginners) and a WNS Explore DX 25" or Galaxy Tourch riser for my own experience with their quality and relatively lower prices to other limbs/risers of the same quality that I've seen.

What's your favorite or preferred beginner/intermediate level ILF risers and limbs and what are some of the pros/cons of them? I appreciate all the help for my first post here!

·
(aka lug nut)
51,553 Posts
Hi archers,

I've been supporting a lot of young adult archers in getting started with the sport and I want to see if anyone has suggestions for beginner/intermediate OR (Olympic)/Barebow Recurve ILF setups or individual risers and limbs! A lot of the archers I'm supporting are mostly new to the sport and are in/recently graduated from college so the more affordable the better.

I have mostly been recommending the Galaxy ___Star or Krossen Xenia limbs (between 20-28# for beginners) and a WNS Explore DX 25" or Galaxy Tourch riser for my own experience with their quality and relatively lower prices to other limbs/risers of the same quality that I've seen.

What's your favorite or preferred beginner/intermediate level ILF risers and limbs and what are some of the pros/cons of them? I appreciate all the help for my first post here!
Galaxy Tourch 25-inch riser. Magnesium riser. Lightweight, but not a fan of magnesium riser. Much prefer forged aluminum. She has been shooting my Hoyt Gold Medalist riser for the past 3 years, and won State with it, and will shoot Nationals with the Hoyt GM. So, I recommended the Gillo GX 25-inch riser. Floating limb pockets on a recurve barebow riser, and has 30% adjustment for poundage.

Designed by Vittorio Frangilli. So, I know it's quality.

For a first barebow riser, or a first ILF riser, purchased used. Then, when ready, spend the $$$ for a quality riser so you can dial in limb alignment. If your students are definitely going to stay in barebow, then, a dedicated barebow riser gives them options for weights in the riser. Tungsten weights are nice, due to the higher density, and even if bolted to the riser in the stabilizer bushing, the tungsten weights are very short, and the riser with a tungsten weight will easily fit the
12.2 cm inspection ring.

·
(aka lug nut)
51,553 Posts
Hi archers,

Any of the entry level limbs, from a major manufacturer will do nicely...maple core in the 20# to 25# range for a beginner. The most bang for the buck, comes from PROPERLY spined arrows, where the fletched and bareshafts group together at 18 meters. I build a custom recurve bowstring for all of my dedicated newbie recurve students, to get the nock fit JUST perfect. Factory off the shelf strings are usually too many strands and the nock fit is WAY too tight, and this affects their accuracy, horribly.

I just use BCY 452X or Trophy, whatever material I have lying around. I have BCY 8190 but don't like to build with that very often. For a truly dedicated student, I loan them my Beiter plunger, long term. Makes tuning sooo much easier, and can experiment in repeatable steps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts