Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read on different posts about the best time to go to illinios to hunt in november and it seems the overall feeling is that it is the 2nd to 3rd week!I am going to west central ill. on november 5-10.I have wondered if anyone cared to give me any feedback on those dates.Thanks

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Any time in November is good. Only thing I've seen is that the first week, you'll generally see the chase phase... with bucks on the move more. Once the does actually start coming into heat, we see a lot of bucks bedding with them in the middle of cornfields the entire day.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Illinois

Sit back buckle up and enjoy the show.I film all my hunts, have since 1987.
That time frame is fantastic for having sightings of quite a variety in buck ages,close range I might add.Bucks will be trolling and moving pretty well then.Temperatures should be fairly tolerable,40's at night and 50's and 60's daytime.Personally Nov 10 through the 18 I have had some of my best encounters. GOOD luck in your Illinois oddessy.
Brett

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'll be there the same time. The full moon has me concerned but thats when I'm going. Last year I saw a lot of deer moving the same week. I plan to stay on stand all day (if I can)

·
Registered
434 Posts
You are in the "zone".....good luck and just hope mother nature brings some cold temps and be prepaired...if you're on a good track of land you will see some action.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Nov 5 through 10, as far as I'm concerned and based on my observations as well as the number of "book" entries and previous state records.... you've picked THE best dates to hunt Illinois.

Good luck to ya!

·
Registered
120 Posts
That will be a perfect week. I hunt in North Central Illinois and will be taking the same week off. Rut activity is usually peaking(unless we get a warm spell). I think you will be happy with the timing.

·
Registered
403 Posts
All I know is that when it (the rut) hits, it hits hard. But when there is a warm spell, the deer go nocturnal, and the days are spent in the stand reading a book and wondering where the deer went

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
You nailed it. Those days are within the envelope, of the best of the best days.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Fellow KY boy here, are you going with an outfitter or a DIY type hunt? I still dream of one day making it up to Illinois on a yearly basis but with a college student budget im gonna have to wait!:sad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts