Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seeing any rubing or scrapes in southern Illinois??
If so what and where...

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
brino said:
Anyone seeing any rubing or scrapes in southern Illinois??
If so what and where...
Nothing here in Madison or Macoupin counties. Been out for the last couple of weekends and haven't seen any rubs yet. Have seen numerous deer though.

Paul

·
Registered
872 Posts
Rubs - Just starting

I have seen some smaller rubs appearing in the woods over the past week or so. I caught a smallish 8 pointer on the Deer Cam and he has approximately 3/4 of his velvet rubbed off. In the same pic is a spike that is still in full velvet.

All of the mature deer that I have seen are still in velvet. I did see a mature buck working over some giant ragweed this past week - seems to indicate that finding suitable trees will be next on his agenda.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I did a little snooping around this past weekend but didn't find anything. All the cam pics from the past week are still full velvet. I"m sure there will be a few that have lost it by this weekend when I check the cameras again. I also hope that they pick up on my mock scrapes I made last week.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Hung a couple stands last weekend and saw a couple small rubs started and one nice scrape. ????

Guess where I hung one of those stands!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ttt

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
I hunt a couple of different areas, same county. Both areas are loaded with Deer. One is tore up and the other shows very little rubbing and scraping. I figure maybe fewer bucks, but not necessarily the biggest buck:)

·
Registered
111 Posts
have seen quite a few rubs on small trees up to 8" cedar trees. also started to notice quite a few scrapes being made, mainly on the parallel trails of my food sources. all the mature bucks i have seen are bone already not velvet.
:wink:

·
11,977 Posts
No scrapes, couple medium rubs. Hunting in west central IL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts