Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my Dad will be taking our quads with us to hunt a friends property this fall. We may have to run a road a mile to access a piece of the property. Does Illinois require a ORV sticker to ride? Could not find anything on the DNR site other than snowmobliling info. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Quads are not legal on any road in Illinois. :thumbs_do

Unless you are up to no good, most law enforcement will not do anything about it in the rural areas. I use one all the time to get to the woods and to check on things around the farm.

·
Registered
890 Posts
illbowhunter said:
Quads are not legal on any road in Illinois. :thumbs_do

Unless you are up to no good, most law enforcement will not do anything about it in the rural areas. I use one all the time to get to the woods and to check on things around the farm.
Illbowhunter is correct . You probably won't get hassled in a RURAL area . Just make sure you weapon is cased or inoperable while on the quad , IDNR officers will not tolerate this it all . Can't say as I blame them . Good luck here in Illinois !!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
As said above, you "probably" won't get bothered here in IL, but if a deputy or C.O. lights you up PULL OVER!! We are having a rash of ATV's running on us around here they assume that it is ok to run since they can go where no patrol car can go that they will not get caught, they forget about radios :wink: . Also, the roadway in IL included both ditches in most cases, so you can't legally ride in the ditch or on the road itself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts