Archery Talk Forum banner

Illinois bow hunters

615 Views 10 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  urahicks2
How about this weather? Wow I cant remember when the first 2 days of season was this cool. :)
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,078 Posts
Just get rid of the mosquitos and it would be perfect. I heard they are talking of possible frost on Friday night.

· Registered
1,934 Posts
well we wont be seeing any frost down south friday, theyre talkin high 70-80s here again by the weekend

but none the less good, i had 6 bucks come out in the corn last night, in one group, all just need like one more year.... biggest was probably 130? realllly wide... but again, just need more time but i was thrilled to watch em within bow range, not smell me or detect me and spar and carry on... to me thats a succesful hunt...

i cna never remember seeing a good buck, (and my good i mean 2.5 years old and up) on opening day... and i saw 6!

· Registered
1,425 Posts
I had a parade of 1.5 year old bucks come by this morning, while I was trying to fill a doe tag! They were all great little eight points, with tons of potential.
The weather is fabulous, but the deer are hanging in the standing corn, and its a tough go to see much!
The combines were running today though.
So, I figure its going to be right by the last week of October!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.