Archery Talk Forum banner

Illinois Gobbler Help..please

352 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  smbmd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My wife is hunting Easterns in Illinois...She has the option of hunting with a bow or shotgun, and even though she would prefer to bow hunt, some folks told her that Easterns are VERY difficult to shoot with a bow...we only have Rio experience in CA. BTW, supposedly no pressure on the birds where she will be hunting. Would love to here the opinion of those I trust. Any/all info appreciated. Thanks everyone!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,880 Posts
Sorry dont know if I am 1 you trust so I wont post my opinion LOL.Any turkey is easier to harvest IMO with a gun.Anytime you are hunting such a small game animal with a bow in the woods it is going to be more difficult then it would be with a gun again this is just my opinion I am in illinois and hunt with a bow and can tell you I have only taken about 5 turkeys in the fall hunt with a bow I have never hunted the spring mating season as I am not into turkey hunting enough to fight the hillbillies around here for them during gun season you wont see me hunting around here unless I am hunting tresspassers.

· Registered
291 Posts
I would use a blind , you can move around to set up for the shot. As for killing them (im going to get thrashed for this) i use an expandable. Theyre not hard to kill, but with a bow its a rush. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.