Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local or NR

What county are you going to be hunting this year? I just want to see what area most AT members are going to be in.

I will be hitting Fulton and McDonough mainly with an occasional trip to Adams.

·
Registered
518 Posts
coles mostly, nov.1st-7th Macon.. maybe some other counties also, but those not decided upon yet.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Clark mainly - though not much of a chance at a nice one since the only good one in the county was shot last year down near West Union.:sad:
Might try a fence row up in Edgar if I get the chance.

Seems all the big deer are on the other side of the state. :wink:
Either way it'll be better than last year -- shoulder + surgery = no shooting/hunting.

Take Care and Wear Your Safety Devices, We all have loved ones, it's not fair to them for our lack of being safe.

Steamin

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
I'll be hunting Macoupin for the private land I've got and Madison for the public land. Chouteau Island is a beautiful place.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Pingstar, where you hunting in Macon County?

I live in Macon County, but do most of my hunting on private land in Christian County. Will also be hunting with some friends at JEPC one weekend, and hunting some other land in Cass/Menard later towards the rut (private land, not an outfitter).

Been offered a trip to Fulton and a trip farther south... but may not be able to fit all of it in this year!!!!

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Coles, Cumberland, Shelby and Fayette. Mostly public hunting access.

It should be a good year. the corn will be out early and there is already a nice chill in the morning air. I CANT WAIT!

Where are the rest of you coles county guys hunting?

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
Kendall for me! I love Suburban hunting, its where the deer grow big and are smart like no other!:eek:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Greene County for me Ill be hunting around Hillview. Hoping to get me a big one this year I have my eye on a BIG 6 been seeing him quit a bit. So might get lucky.:wink:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Alexander and Pulaski...

·
Registered
403 Posts
I got a lease in Perry County

I also got drawn for special archery hunts at Wolf Creek in Shelby and Sahara Woods in Saline.

Anybody else ever hunt Wolf Creek or Sahara Woods, its my first year getting drawn

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I have some property in Schuyler and McDonough counties. I bagged a beauty out of there last year, so let's keep the fingers crossed. Oh, I also hunt with a buddy in Jefferson county (sleeper county) no one has caught on to the big deer there.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Jefferson County?

Anybody know anything about Jefferson County?? Bonnie is the town...Anybody from there?

1 - 20 of 154 Posts