Archery Talk Forum banner

Illinois Outlook

713 11
What is your outlook on this years season? You don't have to be from Illinois to chim in. I have a good feeling this year, signs are looking good, with a few improvement to my hunting spots.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4,178 Posts
Food plots look good. Signs look good. I have a good feeling about this year. All the rain and flooding in certain area will affect some tho.

· Registered
5,442 Posts
Big deer will be killed. At least in the woods I hunt in.. :shade:

I don't have any monsters on the cam yet, but they normally don't show in my woods until the end of Oct I do have one buck that was a resident last year, that I have stayed away from his bedding area. I'll be in that stand in the morning hoping the same thing happens this years that happend last year. He'll walk in and be a year older...

· wannabtradguy
15,328 Posts
after reading that other Illinois post I wasnt sure the state was gonna let ya'll hunt this year. it's lookin good for us. got lots of good buck pics on the trail cam. usually we never have that this time of year. time will tell though. main thing is to have a safe hunting season.

· Registered
4,071 Posts
Looking like we are going to have some cooler weather earlier this year. Maybe, just maybe, all of us will get lucky and catch that old buck heading back to his bed a little later than normal due to the cool weather. Lets hope!

· Registered
2,124 Posts
It will be different hunting this year compared to the last few. The crops in my area were late going in and will be late coming out. Still should be a good year though. I don't care how bad it is...it is still better than not hunting at all. We should all be thankful that we are able to enjoy the outdoors.:)

· Registered
4,760 Posts
It will be different hunting this year compared to the last few. The crops in my area were late going in and will be late coming out. Still should be a good year though. I don't care how bad it is...it is still better than not hunting at all. We should all be thankful that we are able to enjoy the outdoors.:)
Just talked to my friend in Illinois couple of days ago, he said the crops will be later this year coming off. But he also said he has seen some HUGE bucks in the last few days..........Looks like there will be some big bucks taken off his properties this year...........

Rev............

· Registered
562 Posts
Crops

The crops will be the only thing I see that may be different than last year! A LOT more rain in the spring and late summer! The crops will be in late this year, in Central IL anyway! But I've been seeing nice pics on the cameras so I don't think it will change that much!

· Registered
3,117 Posts
Looks Good

On my land last year, EHD hit pretty hard. Strange thing was that it seemed like it took a lot of Does. We found over 15 dead does in the area and no bucks. I saw a ton of bucks last year. This year, I got over 10 shooters on Trail cam. I got more bucks on cam then does...I actually think that this EHD was a good thing for my area..who knows, but Hopefully I get lucky and pull out another P&Y or B&C:)

· Registered
1,360 Posts
The crops will be the only thing I see that may be different than last year! A LOT more rain in the spring and late summer! The crops will be in late this year, in Central IL anyway! But I've been seeing nice pics on the cameras so I don't think it will change that much!
I talked to the guy that leases most of the crop ground where I hunt, and I was told with the current weather forecast, he will be starting the corn in a couple weeks. Seems like about 40 percent of the beans have been picked, and I would say 10 percent of the corn. Most of the corn looks to have been cut for silage (sp).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.