Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone still hanging out in the tree still? I haven't been out in over 2 weeks because of work. I plan on getting out before Christmas a couple of times.

Anyone seeing some deer shed any horns yet too?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We are in LaSalle County. Farmer said Doe's are feeding heavy now, but still lots of corn standing.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I haven't seen a deer in weeks. still a lot of corn standing here. going to try another place a few hours away tomorrow, we'll see if its any different there.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I'm going to head back down this Sunday for 3 days. Just talked to the farmer on my farm, Jasper County and all the corn is down. Hope to fill a doe tag or two and looking for anything 135"+. Sounds like the does are hitting the corn pretty hard in the evening.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I havent been out since the last muzzle loader season, but I have been seeing mostly herds of does feeding late evening right before dark.......most of our corn is down now. I am losing motivation with the bow this year! Cold and the fact that I already have so many hours in the stand are wearing on me!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Im gonna head back up to Cass County after the new yr. if yall get a good snow....i gottta fill that tag before i make a big pot of tag soup.
Plus I am checking out a couple of farms in Cass, Montgomery and Schuyler County. Im fitting pay some good money for some good ground up there next yr.

·
Bow Only
9,555 Posts
We are in LaSalle County. Farmer said Doe's are feeding heavy now, but still lots of corn standing.
where at in lasalle county? Ive onyl been able to get out one day this year thanks to my job.. (truck driver).. go figure my g/f just found out a good friend of her family is goin to let me bow hunt there land.. score..but im off of work from the 24 to jan 5 and i plan on being in the stand everyday if possible!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im hunting near Lake Holiday. A friend of the family lets me access his property for a some cash. Good hunting, and lots of deer. Its just ebing in the right place at the right time.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Its been decent... lots of Does out and about on my place... several small bucks out too... nothin big though..... I am headed out in about 5 min to try to knock down another doe

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
haven't seen a deer on the hoof since nov 22nd in mchenry county. i have my trail camera up and have gotten a few pics at night, but just nothing moving into our cut corn field, although they have dug around several spots where the camera isn't .

·
and blake and brock's dad
3,392 Posts
Just got back in from the stand. Saw alot of does and a few small bucks. These 1 1/2 old bucks were chasing does all over the field. Too bad the girls didn't want any part of it, kinda funny to watch.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts