Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I'm originally a flat-lander from Minnesota - where I was born and raised. I moved out to Montana last year to have more of an opportunity to fulfill my lifelong dream and become a gwestern hunter and take big game with my bow.

Well, I also started videoing hunts a little (for a different show) when I came out and I have now decided to do some of my own writing and video production. Being from Minnesota, I learned its a lot different out west, as many of you know. I enjoy my deer and turkey hunting in the midwest but have really fell in love with learning the ways of western hunting. I started a show/blog called Montana Greenhorn, basically thats what I am and I just wanted to invite you to come check it out through the year and give me any tips or advice you have to help me become the best hunter I can.

I also hope this will help others that are inspired to come out west and hunt. You can find a little more info at the website www.montanagreenhorn.com and do not be afraid to leave any thoughts or comments - you guys are the pros not me!!

Take care and I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cat season is in full swing and I hope to get out with a good friend and go on my first lion hunt! So be on the lookout for that!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Good luck Collin... Montana is tough physical hunting :darkbeer:

LOL... first thing this Ohiowegian flatlander learned... Merino wool socks and good shoes are your best friend :thumbs_up

·
Registered
24 Posts
Going to watch over your shoulder

Cool

Gonna follow your progress. Am planning to go to Montana late 2010 or early 2011 for Hiking/Deerhunting.

And for someone who lives in a country without any Montains, rivers or big forrests this is goning to be a challange and great fun...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the support!

Shockman- the first thing I did after that hike I talked about in my first blog post on the website was buy a bunch of merino wool socks and a pair of Kenetrek boots!!! I learned my lesson there...

Jimbo357Mag. I appreciate the follow hopefully you can learn from my mistakes and if and when you get the chance- get out to Montana! i love it here!!!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Great video!! Keep up the mountain hikes and you'll lose the gut. Unless it kills ya first!! LOL!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts