·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a Q? if im a 29 draw what draw should i get for a monster 6

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
29 I would say. I don't think they run long or anything. Besides you only have to buy mods to change it.

·
Registered
15,233 Posts
as long as you are going to shoot the bow maxed out then go with your regular DL
If you are going to, for example shoot a 70 lb bow turned down to 65(or less) get 1/2 shorter.
The Monster "grows" in DL as you turn the limbs out from max.
As has been stated it is easy to change if you guess wrong.

·
Registered
761 Posts
NO NO DON'T DO IT:mg: no really congrats :whoo:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Make sure you demo the bow at the draw weight and DL you intend to shoot. I found the draw cycle and the finsh not to my liking but that is personal. I tried all the speed bows and still shoot my Dren and a new Z7. I like smoooooth more than speed.

·
Registered
410 Posts
as long as you are going to shoot the bow maxed out then go with your regular DL
If you are going to, for example shoot a 70 lb bow turned down to 65(or less) get 1/2 shorter.
The Monster "grows" in DL as you turn the limbs out from max.
As has been stated it is easy to change if you guess wrong.

This is easy to see. Since you are ordering it from a dealer, do this:

When at the archery shop, pick up a monster and make sure it is set to max poundage, usually that poundage is +2 or +3, i.e. 72lbs on a 70lb bow. Anyhoo, set the Mathews Dead End string stopper to touch the string. Crank out the limbs like 2-3 turns to drop poundage, notice how the string moves away from the string stopper? Now crank it out a full 5 turns from max poundage and notice a huge difference. I didn't see this much on their single cam bows as much as the monster shows it.

·
Registered
5,185 Posts
My Monster draws 3/8" long....with 28" mods it draws to 28 3/8" true, hard against the wall.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I shoot 28.5" with Mathews and 29" with Hoyt. My Monster is tapped out in draw weight and is about 3/8" long which is identical to all my other Mathews bows. So I use a slightly longer loop on a 28.5" Mathews than I do with a 29" Hoyt. So measure your true draw length on a current bow assuming it is correct for you and subtract 3/8" and that is as close as you can come.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Good choice! I think it'll be my next bow purchase.:shade:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts