Archery Talk Forum banner

I'm back - been away for 3 years, what's new in equipment since 2015?

615 views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  K2man 
#1 ·
Got distracted from archery for 3 years due to other, less important parts of life, but now I'm retired. I shoot a 2014 or 15 (don't remember off hand due to CRS) Hoyt Charger that I put lots of improvements into. I was happy with my shooting with that bow - just now getting my things unloaded and setup (moved to the Big Island, Hawai'i a few months ago). I'm wondering if there were any significant improvements in equipment since then - compound bows, arrows, broadheads, sights?

#4 ·
I really like me my 2017 PSE Evolve 35 other than Mass weight. The Cam system is the easiest to shoot I've ever owned. That said I kept my 2011 Elite Pure and I still shoot it from time to time and actually enjoy it more. It's lighter Mass weight not that much more difficult to draw I am a grown man after all. Thinking of selling my new PSE and purchasing a older carbon for hunting and keeping my pure for 3-D. Before I get blamed for wanting lighter bows I have a left shoulder injury that doesn't get better with age. Spec wise bows haven't had huge leaps to me since 2010. Sure a bit easier to draw ,a bit quieter but for some reason they keep getting heavier and the price tag keeps jumping.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Just different ice cream flavors. It is what taste good to you.

#12 ·
Nothing ground breaking. Some price points for sure. 16 to 1700 dollar carbon hunting bow and a 1300 dollar aluminum one...lmao. Makes me feel not so bad about the archery bug being just about gone within me. At least my 1800 dollar shotgun won't be worth 300 in five or six years.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#11 ·
I'm shooting a Charger as well. I put some new strings and cables on it this year. I've also tried different rests and sights. But I see myself shooting it for a few more years. None of the bows that have came out in the last few years have really excited me. Especially the price tags on some of them.

#15 ·
The Garmin sight and the Evolve cam system.

Good news.... The Evolve cam system has been around long enough to get a great deal.

Bad news.... The Garmin has not.

I still shoot my 2014 or 15 Evolution and a 2017 DEFCON M6. Neither does anything the other doesn’t do. Speed is basically the same as is everything else except the price.

#16 ·
Thanks everyone. I'm setup and will learn to tune my bow. I built a bow press but haven't had time to use it hardly until now. Just watched Garmin's YouTube video on their sight. That makes things simple - but $800? Not for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.