Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
74,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see how many are great guides. Im taking a youth on a doe hunt and challenge everyone here to take someone that has never harvested a deer or any youth and show us there harvest. Already started scouting for large quanitys of does for mine.

I do this ever year. It always the highlight of my year.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I have been in all of sept. here in wash. st. my sons girl friend is starting this year, never shoot a bow before she met him. im helping them out man we need alot of luck shes dizzy but a good shot.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I think my niece is a little to young to shoot a deer yet(4), but was thinking about taking her out in a ground blind just to see deer up close. Do pictures count?

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
I'm taking my Wife Bowhunting this year. She has never bowhunted before:)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
youth hunting

My wife and I are taking 3 kids hunting for their first deer this coming weekend. (Michigan's annual Youth Hunt). Two of the three have some experience small game hunting, and one hunted a little with a bow last year. The third, a young lady, had not even shot a gun until 1 month ago. We taught her to shoot, and she is hitting bullseye's at up to 100 yards with my wife's .243......Wish these great kids luck this weekend (and and a little prayer for our "guiding" abilities). I will post some pics should any of the group tag one.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I'm so excited my oldest son is going on his first deer hunt this year. He has tagged along with Dad like his younger brother and sister for years, but this time he's the shooter.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Already Got One Down

Ross Penning's first deer ever. Got it on my mom's land and took the picture next to my recently deceased brother's memorial. He insisted that's where they take the photo.
His brother Ryan passed on a doe while bowhunting a couple hundred yards away. They are my future hunting buddies and I'm real proud of 'em!
Brad

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
i got my girlfreind into bowhunting this season. she's been shooting often and has even shot from a treestand. her bowhunter saftey course is september 29the season starts october 14. shes really excited about it...even if she doesn't shoot a deer, it will be great to have helped her get into the sport.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
I have a friend that I'm introducing to bowhunting for the first time this year. As he is a complete rookie I'll probably be with him 75% of the time. I cant wait to post some pictures.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Looking forward to the Youth hunt here in Illinois in just a couple more weeks (Oct 7 & 8). Last year was my 10 year old Daughters first ever and she had her Doe down on the first morning from our DB Matrix blind. Just an awesome season for the both of us! Shes looking for a repeat this season and has actually put in some hardwork herself. Shes helped set up the buddy ladder stand because she really wants to take an elevated perch this year plus she also helped plant the fall foodplot of Forage Oats in this same location. She was so proud to drive the ATV and braodcast the seed and harrow the plot herself. She has also enjoyed running the trail cams for most of this summer to see how "her" herd is doing and what animals she has on the property. Next year one of my sons should be old enough to hunt as well so I'm obviously looking forward to that as well!

One of this years stand set-ups

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
I took my nephew on his first deer hunt two years ago and we took a doe. He was hooked. I will be taking him for the first time bow hunting this year and I hope he just see's a deer up close.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Far from a youth hunter but a friend of mine will be bowhunting for the first time this year. He's been in rush mode since he got the bow so that's pretty cool. Just counting down the days now.
He has a buck with the rifle but he ain't seen nothing yet:shade:
Hoping to see him smoke one with an arrow

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Daniel Boone said:
Lets see how many are great guides. Im taking a youth on a doe hunt and challenge everyone here to take someone that has never harvested a deer or any youth and show us there harvest. Already started scouting for large quanitys of does for mine.

I do this ever year. It always the highlight of my year.

I try and do this as well ...The young man I have worked with some this year did get some small game ..But, can't pull a 40lb bow yet..He is only 9 so, he maybe can help track ect.

however, I met a guy from California who has never hunted he has worked really hard shooting his bow and gotten good with it .Also,took his hunter safty course ..So, I am taking him first chance We get ..It is great to see someone who is willing to work like he has .

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I had two successful hunts last year. My best friends son and my nephew, one was 9 yrs old and the other was 11. Plan on doing it again this year!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Count me in on this one too!!My youngest stepson's second year archery hunting.He didnt get to see much last year for the fact of the timeing of his vitis with us!I did some early homework this year!!Hopefully this will be his year!:D

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
I have two that I guide every fall. The oldest one thinks he is the next Michael Waddell. He is fifteen and wants to start hunting with his friends. I trust him, I just feel more at ease when I am within a couple hundred yards. Guess you have to let them grow up sometime.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I'm in. I was going to go to Twisp for the last week of bow season but the area is closed due to the wildfires. We are going to go to the area that I am going to take my son for rifle season. I can and will scout for him while I am there.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts