Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
4,049 Posts
dead down wind. and i put a couple earth scent dryer sheets between the layers of clothing in my scent free tote. along with the dead down wind spray when i get out of my jeep and get dressed then i will spray down with it and i am good to go.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
JK! I Use Hunter's Specialties scent removal items (Soap, shampoo, deodorant, laundry detergent, spray, etc...) and rarely get winded, even when the deer are in the wrong wind. The big deal, after your careful removal of "unnatural smells", is to make sure you don't move abruptly, very slow motions to grab your drink or switch seating positions. These are the most important parts of not getting "busted".

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
Spray skin with hydrogen peroxide and put baking soda in your hair. Even then the deer will smell your breath. Watch the wind direction. There is nothing fool proof or completely effective to prevent molecules from escaping your body.

Doug

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
the wind changed direction 3 times last weekend I use DDW but I take a small bottle to the stand & spray hands around head if I start to sweat. havent got busted once this year with mature does ! thats my goal well besides shooting a nice buck . If I can fool old doe im pretty happy .

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Hunt the wind is BS anymore, hunt the stand the dear are moving by. With todays technology in scent covers theres no need to hunt the wind. You dont even need scent lok, just wash your body in scent away soap and hair and then wash your cloths in UV scent killer soap and spray down in the mornings with scent spray. I also use fresh earth scent waffers. I had last weekend 2 does come in front of me at 1 yard off my tree base and I was only 12 feet up wind blowing right towards them and they never even looked up. Hunt the wind is dead people, hunt the dear

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.