Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just this morning on my own street my brand new switchback xt got stolen out of my truck less than 3 weeks old I put it in my truck ran in the house to get something else came back out 5 minuts later and gone, had it all set up and ready to go for opening day in 2 weeks they also got 1 doz easton axis arrows 6 hyper shock broad heads release and my hunting license I hate this freakin city I never wanted to move here but I let her talk me into it .I think what hurts most is it was some punk kid or some crack head that has no idea what he has I just wanna vomit and I'll never be able to afford another one my wife is in the police academy training to be a cop and we have 3 kids so that kinda money is real hard to come buy ,well huntin season is over and it didnt even start:mad:

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
:cry: is all i have to say

·
Registered
2007 Bowtech Equalizer, 2009 Hoyt Alphamax 32
974 Posts
Insurance??????

·
11,954 Posts
Ya, insurance? Home or vehicle? Man, that just bites the big one. I swear, if I ever catch people stealing from me, stands, bows, cds, whatever, they better never let me catch them.

Makes me mad.:mad:

·
Registered
187 Posts
man that sucks i just sold my other bow or i would give it to you it could be worse though the day before i got out of boot camp i had 2 bows 16 guns and about 3000 dollars worth of fishing tackle stole I HATE THIEVES.

·
Registered
28,235 Posts
Ugh!!! That sucks badly.

I don't know if you're interested Carp but here goes. I have a 2005 Parker Buckhunter I got last year. I have upgraded since then and no longer have use for it. It has a 3 pin fiber optic sight, peep and tube (peep needs to be reserved to keep it from moving as does the nock point), NAP 1000 prong rest, Limbsavers. The draw length is currently set at 28" with 63 lbs. The dl is adjustable but I don't know what the range is. The limbs are 60-70 lbs. I'll throw in 6 Carbon Express arrows to go along with it. You'll just need to get the bow set to your specs, some reserving, broadheads, and quiver. And seeing as I am from Chester County which is not too far from Philly, I'll give you the hometown discount............FREE.

This bow is far from a Switchback but it's servicable and may allow you to have a season.

PM me know if you're interested.

Nick

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss:cry:I was just wandering, Does anyone know if mathews keeps a list of stolen bows Reg. numbers so Mathews dealers and their bow tech's could keep an eye out for bows coming in that are stolen? I would expect it would shock the guy that brings in a bow he got a smoking deal on Ebay that it was stolen. Definately Keep an eye on Ebay any honest seller ,that has a bow looking like your set up, I'm sure wouldn't mind giving you the reg. number engraved on the rizer.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Stuff

Lets all try to pitch in something and maybe...just maybe we can salvage this guys season!

I'll donate some 28" Carbon Tech 40/65 Whitetail arrows to the cause.

Jason

·
Registered
187 Posts
nicko said:
Ugh!!! That sucks badly.

I don't know if you're interested Carp but here goes. I have a 2005 Parker Buckhunter I got last year. I have upgraded since then and no longer have use for it. It has a 3 pin fiber optic sight, peep and tube (peep needs to be reserved to keep it from moving as does the nock point), NAP 1000 prong rest, Limbsavers. The draw length is currently set at 28" with 63 lbs. The dl is adjustable but I don't know what the range is. The limbs are 60-70 lbs. I'll throw in 6 Carbon Express arrows to go along with it. You'll just need to get the bow set to your specs, some reserving, broadheads, and quiver. And seeing as I am from Chester County which is not too far from Philly, I'll give you the hometown discount............FREE.

This bow is far from a Switchback but it's servicable and may allow you to have a season.

Nick

Dude you are the man what a great thing to do for someone

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
nicko said:
Ugh!!! That sucks badly.

Nick

How about that!

·
Registered
29 Posts
nicko said:
Ugh!!! That sucks badly.

Nick
Way to step up Nicko:darkbeer: :cocktail: It's people like you Who Make AT ROCK

·
Registered
606 Posts
Nicko, you're the man! That is probably the nicest thing I've ever seen ANYONE offer to do for someone else. Just goes to show what kind of people hunters really are.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
like you said some crackhead probably saw drive in by. that sucks theives should be tortured all medeivel like

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
That's terrible! Certainly makes you cynical. Philadelphia is a pretty high crime city ... right across the river from the murder & crime capital of the country ... Camden, NJ. (Not counting Washington DC ... which is worse)

Sorry to hear about your loss.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
i got 3 rocket miniblasters 75gr 1 3/4 cut you can have pm the details

·
Registered
534 Posts
Man If I were you and I caught the person that did that, the cops would be huntin me down.:mad: That really sucks. Nicko that is possibly the coolest thing I have ever seen anybody do for a person. And the Anti's say we are cruel heartless people. Excellent gesture Nicko.:RockOn: :thumbs_up
Robbie

1 - 20 of 77 Posts