Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I took the bow to the shop to get it "tuned". Well it was worse now then when I sent it in. I got some of the cam lean out but can't take anymore out. The draw lenght is about 3/4" shorter and I don't know how to get it back. The Z3 cams have the 2 lines on the bottom cams to show timeing. Befor I sent it to the shop, the limb was inbetween the two lines. When I got it back it wasn't even between the lines!!! Now, after I adjusted things the limb is right on the top line. WHAT DO I DO!!! Also when I put the cables back on the slide, it is twisting the limbs/cams to the left (left handed bow). Anyy help is muchhhhh apriciated. It is a 08 hoyt vectrix with Z3 cams. 29" DL

(I would take it to another shop, but they are the only one in the area. and they are an "authorised" hoyt dealer:()

·
Registered
128 Posts
Z3's

dont know what your capabilities are but i would pull all the strings off and start by gtting them to factory lengths.I would put the same number of twists in the split part of the yoke cable also.see where that gets you.At that point i would follow Javi's tuning method found in this forum.Unless there is something wrong with a limb I wouldnt worry about any lean until i paper tuned.I twist my yoke to clean up a right or left tear.
good luck

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Very good advise from cup1/2. Dont try to line up cams and string while bow is at rest , do it while at full draw. You need help from a friend to do this. Is the bow meeting any of the specs such as a-a,dw,dl(3/4 off), and bh? All your tuning measurements should be done with cables in the cable slide. For a left handed bow you will probably end up with a couple more twists in the right side of the yoke . Usually a good starting place for tuning is to check DW with limb bolts all in. Also DL can be adjusted for exactly 29 inchs.

·
Back Yard Champion
27,316 Posts
Good advice from Cup 1/2 and Bassman. Javi's draw stop method is tops for not only Hoyt, but other bows too. Probably the "kicker" to get you going, untwist the bow string as Javi suggests so it's effecting the buss and control cables.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx guys. I actully started fresh with bowgod's tutorial and I'm slapping arrows up to 30 yards now:) The bugs were to bad to adjjust the rest of the pins and I'm not going to shoot a turkey over 30 anyways haha. tahnx again all. Archers helping archers:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts