Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
15,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have always shot Hoyt bows in the past...love 'em

Went and shot the Stealth EC and 2017 Air with the EC cam last night..

I loved them MORE! That Stealth is something else! The grip is a little brickish but didn't bother me after about 12 shots...

Those EC cams may be the best cam going right now!

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
yep same here. I shot a Carbon Stealth at our shop a couple weeks ago and have been trying to come up with a legal way of getting one ever since.... :)

lee.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Yeah the only cams and draw cycle I could find even close is the chill x. Problem was with the 85% mods on the chill it was much slower. I almost sold my carbon air 34. So glad I didn't. Another that is real similar but still not as smooth but worth trying is an elite v37. They have the vgrip which is blocky like the 34. Good smooth bow as well. Those are the 2 I am running with rite now.

·
Registered
15,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep same here. I shot a Carbon Stealth at our shop a couple weeks ago and have been trying to come up with a legal way of getting one ever since.... :)

lee.
yep, I've got a slightly damaged, used kidney listed in the classifieds right now if anyone is interested!

·
Registered
15,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They had a fully setup Triax, stab, sight, etc, hanging on a peg next to it...so I thought what the heck...'
I could barely lift it off the peg! What the heck does one of those weigh all decked out!!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
AGREED! The Evolve cams on the Stealth make for a really good lightweight bow. Also the 33" ATA makes it very accurate at long range. I was having no problem killing my 3D deer at 100 yards today

·
Registered
10,274 Posts
They had a fully setup Triax, stab, sight, etc, hanging on a peg next to it...so I thought what the heck...'
I could barely lift it off the peg! What the heck does one of those weigh all decked out!!
About 1.2lbs more than a identically accessorized Carbon Air.
I love the EC system too, especially for the performance in relation to DFC.
I hunted with an Evolve 35 last year and enjoyed it.
Congrats on the new bow.

·
Registered
51,108 Posts
LMAO that's not jumping ship, it just buying equipment that works for you. I'm not loyal to any company. I get what works for me. Name has nothing to do with it.
In other words it is what ever bow picks me. At this time it happens to be PSE.

·
The Impartial Archer
18,777 Posts
I feel sorry for people that buy a brand and never even try another...no matter what brands they are. I shoot whatever I like now. At a point I did have to choose within a brand and for me it almost made me quit the sport. I felt like I was picking the one I didn't dislike the most...…..lol

Since then I simplified and made archery fun again. Now I get to shoot anything that catches my eye. Freedom is a good thing if you know how to use it...…..lol

·
Looking for a monster!
8,464 Posts
Traitor!!!!

Lol, just playin bud. Glad you found a new bow to play with :)

·
THE ORIGINAL
9,186 Posts
Have always shot Hoyt bows in the past...love 'em

Went and shot the Stealth EC and 2017 Air with the EC cam last night..

I loved them MORE! That Stealth is something else! The grip is a little brickish but didn't bother me after about 12 shots...

Those EC cams may be the best cam going right now!
Get the Carbon Air if your going PSE. Your dealer can still order them. The Stealth is a MASSIVE down grade in every way...

·
Registered
15,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LMAO that's not jumping ship, it just buying equipment that works for you. I'm not loyal to any company. I get what works for me. Name has nothing to do with it.
In other words it is what ever bow picks me. At this time it happens to be PSE.

I've owned 'em all shot them all over the last 40 years...OK, truth be told I've never seen a New Breed in person...but
just so happened Hoyt had a good run through the 2000's...that has ended...

AND in a perfect world...the new Evolve cam system with a Hoyt grip would bring me to tears....

·
THE ORIGINAL
9,186 Posts
Grip, riser design, ATA length options, everything...

·
Registered
902 Posts
I'm liking my Response with the Evolve cams with the SE mods., just a bit heavier than the Stealth and lighter than the Evolve 31, and has a thinner grip that fits my hand perfectly, plus a lot cheaper than the Stealth.

·
Registered
9,880 Posts
Try a Xpedition Denali, 3.9 pounds, 34" ATA, 345 IBO. I had an Evolve 35 and I think the Denali is a way better bow, grip, fit and finish, easier to tune, better back wall. (And over $500 less)

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Whew...I thought you were selling your 8n's and bought a old Farmall or something...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts