Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have discovered these wonderful, but expensive products. I bought the base layers and severaly layering layers and they are very well designed and made.

But most important, I discovered their underwear! I am throwing out all my cotton underwear and switching to UnderArmor - even for wearing to work. I already found another bowhunter who did the exact same thing.

Only downside is they are $20 each! Perhaps I'll just have to do laundry more frequently.

Now I just need to find an UnderArmor outlet or discounter. Anyone have any tips for UA discounters?

Ray

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
$20 each? that's 1/3 of retail
Love UA...it works!

·
The dude abides
1,066 Posts
They have an outlet store online at their site. That ain't gonna be cheap but I'd say wear nothing but underarmor, no outer wear with it to really show off the physique.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am right there with you. I am a walking and talking Under Armour advertisement when it comes to comfy clothes, work out clothing, and hunting baselayers. One of the guys I hunt with gives me crap about it all the time. This winter he saw i had under armour under wear as well and laughed. i told him to buy a pair and then talk to me. Can't wait till he says nothing at all, or tells me I was right, yet again.

Under Armour may be expensive, but I have never been disapointed. I just wish I had the extra cash to pick up the camo fleece jacket and pants, maybe next year.

DW

I too would love to know where to get the stuff discounted. My sister in law worked for Eastbay for a few months and it was heaven. All good things come to an end.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
you can find ua knockoff stuff all over the place now. i have some i got from walmart, made by starter i think, and it works just as well as the ua stuff i have. only much cheaper.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
I have never used UA, but I've used the redhead brand version of the same stuff. The underwear are my favorite in the drawer! I don't remember the exact name, but they seem to me to be the exact same as UA.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I bought the underware 3 years ago. I liked it so much I wear it everyday summer or winter. It is not cheap but I have been using them on a daily basis and they still look like new. That is a bargain in my book.

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
They can;t replicate UA noone can its got a different feel to it.

·
Registered
24,903 Posts
i tried under armour and it made me colder:confused: if your using it while moving around alot than ya it does help but just bowhunting in a tree nope. i got warmer once i stoped using it

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
I use the cold gear, or the 2.0 base layers when hunting down to 0 and have no issues with sitting on the stand.

·
Registered
154 Posts
It really does last a long time, Had a couple pairs I wore for hockey and they lasted for about 5 years.
The shirts are great for keeping you warm when you sweat.
Steve

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
i tried under armour and it made me colder:confused: if your using it while moving around alot than ya it does help but just bowhunting in a tree nope. i got warmer once i stoped using it
Same here. I dont like the compression type stuff for sitting in the cold. It makes me feel colder. If you are moving around then they are good.

·
Just Do It.....
30,245 Posts
Ive used the U/A boxer jocks for a few years now. Great product, no more crotch rash in the heat. Love em.

marty

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i tried under armour and it made me colder:confused:
They make three kinds: ColdGear, WarmGear, AllSeasonGear. I wonder if you got the WarmGear by mistake? It is designed to keep you cool in warm weather. They sell tons of that here in Southern California. It's in the 70s already today in the middle of December!

Ray

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
They make three kinds: ColdGear, WarmGear, AllSeasonGear. I wonder if you got the WarmGear by mistake? It is designed to keep you cool in warm weather. They sell tons of that here in Southern California. It's in the 70s already today in the middle of December!

Ray
I bought the cold gear stuff and I feel colder in it. My wife loves it for playing softball in the cold weather though.

I do like the boxer/brief underwear and some of their other products. I have a UA hoodie that is very warm and light weight - I like it a lot.

·
Registered
24,903 Posts

Ray
no it was cold gear. idk it was hot walking around with it but after that made me colder

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Ray, there is no beating the UA underwear. Yes its $20 a pair but its very well made and lasts a long time. That is all I wear now, and have been using it exclusively for 2 years. I will NEVER go back to cotton. I also wear their heat gear crew shirt which is thinner than their normal T's and "fitted" no compression fit. I love it, and wear it year round.

BTW, I have never seen this stuff go on sale.

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
I use the Redhead Enduraskin which is 1/2 the price of the UA in the rack right beside it. I also have several UZ heatgear shirts that I use for football and softball. The Enduraskin stuff is every bit as good and has the silver stuff in it to keep BO away.

I haven't used the UA cold gear though... it's on my "to get" list.

-ZA

1 - 20 of 133 Posts