Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with a release called the "IMA" by Napp's Archery?

Their web site and "Youtube" demo popped up on an Amazon search for the Carter Evolution.

It looks interesting, simple and effective at $59.95.

Any comments would be appreciated! It looks tempting to at least try out.

Thanks!

DH

·
Registered
898 Posts
I started a thread a while back for the same reason and didnt find anyone who knew anything about it so heres a TTT for ya. Good luck

·
Registered
799 Posts
I just checked their video and website and my only concern is that the loop could slip off the hook on your draw back.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My concern also, but in the video the guy doing the demo says your thumb position on the device is your "safety". If you watch both the adult and the kid, you'll notice a deliberate pull-off of their thumbs before the shot goes off.

Interesting!

DH

·
Registered
799 Posts
I agree...very interesting...I think I'm going to try it!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm very tempted to try it also!

Even if it doesn't work for actual shooting, it would still be a great device to use indoors for practice in drawing back your bow without the worry of a "dry-fire".

I was in a local shop this weekend trying to get my peep aligned properly and the shop owner handed me something that looked very much like this device to use for my draw backs. I remember that big hook and the relatively flat shape. I think it was this device.

Let me know what you think of it if you do decide to go ahead and order.

Thanks!

DH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts