Archery Talk Forum banner

Imp. slick Trick question

665 17
I shoot the 100 grain mag tricks. I shot my first ones yesterday and each shot sounded like wind was catching them and making a hissing sound to the target. They flew perfect, but the hissing threw me off. I have them screwed on tight and all blades are in. What could the problem be. Is their a certain way to line the blades witht he fletchings. I shot my tightpoints and no sound. Anyone have this problem with the 4-blades...
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
215 Posts
I shoot the ST's and have not had any problems with them. I don't have the hissing noise either (that I can tell). So far I'm 2 for 2 kill ratio.

· Registered
2,477 Posts
it's a common complaint on here....but mine don't hiss any more than any other fixed blade

· Registered
334 Posts
Mine hiss too. The important point is that they are hitting where you want them to. I've heard the hiss described on this forum as, "The hiss of death." :wink: If they bother you, you can change heads.....IMO the hissing doesn't hinder in the field performance.

-Deadfall

· Banned
3,149 Posts
Mine hiss also...I shot my first deer with them this past week. At 30 yards, he didn't hear it coming - he didn't move until the arrow hit him.

· Straight Shooter
6,655 Posts
First time Slick Tricker

I ordered my first Slick Tricks and shot them for the first time on Monday. I ordered the new 1 1/4" cutting diameter Grizztricks. Shooting them side-by-side with field points, yes they are a little noisy, but only a bit noisier than my G5 Strikers. It's the vented blades that create the added "turbulence" if you will, thus creating noise.

The Shuttle T-Locks, among other heads, are solid blades (no vents) which would explain them lacking the "Hiss of Death." Chances are, if they're flying fast enough to create this hiss, then they'll get to the target before the noise that they're making:wink:

· Registered
5,341 Posts
I have been told that my Slick Trick Magnums have a hiss but my old, sound damaged, ears can not hear any hiss. I'm assuming that they do but it has not made any difference to the 13 Whitetail Deer and one Black Bear that have fallen to my Slick Tricks.

As has been said the Hiss of Death!

· Registered
452 Posts
Mine hiss as well, but i dont think it really matters. I dont have much experience with long shots, but i shot a deer at 22 yards last year and it didnt flinch. I guess it would only matter if you were taking really long 40-60 yard shots. I wouldnt worry about it

· Registered
1,503 Posts
Mine have a mild hiss too. It was the last sound these two heard. They thought it was a breeze. :tongue:

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.