Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever shot a Buck and not been able to find it, then went back out later and shot another Buck and you were able to retrieve that one?

What does "only one antlered buck may be taken per season" mean to you?

How many of you have found bleached out Buck skulls and took them home and tacked them up somewhere or just set them around ?

It is VERY IMPORTANT that you read and answer these questions. There is a court case coming up that will set a precedent for ALL OHIO hunters if these interpretations (and others) of Wildlife Laws go unchallenged.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I interpret "only one antlered buck taken per season" to mean one buck HARVESTED... meaning a recovered animal that you shot and found in time to tag it and get it home. Unfortunately deer are shot ever year that for some reason disappear to not be found until later once the meat has spoiled. If this happens to me, I feel comfortable and completely legal to continue hunting until I bag and tag a deer within the season. If I find it sometime later, I will get the local GW to issue a carcass tag.

Please give details as to the premise of the case you describe.

·
hunter
8,143 Posts
The answers to Q. 1 & 3 are YES and Yes! I interpret the second question to mean "legally harvest and tag and possess one antlered (over 4 inch antlers) buck per season". I see no gray area here.
Don't keep us in suspense. What court case in Ohio? The biggest one in Ohio lately is that the Ohio Supreme Court just affirmed that the GW can come onto your property in the course of his duties even if he suspects no wrongdoing.
It has always been technically illegal to possess any untagged skull, buck or doe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts