Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Vendor
28,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.biggamegutglove.com/

I got this product a couple years ago at a hunting show. Used it last week again and just wanted to bring it to the AT'ers. It is a reusable heavy duty full length gutting glove. It comes with a slip resistant grip the works well with a bloodied knife and helps avoid nicks and small cuts. We never know when we are handling a diseased deer and there is really no need to get our clothing all bloodied up by doing it bare handed.
This is just a much safer and cleaner way to gut a deer and it is reusable many times.:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up
I should have put this information out earlier but didn't think of it until I needed it.:tongue:

· Banned
18,714 Posts
$30 ?????????? .......................Hell, the disposable H&S(or similar) are only $1.99... I wear a pair of the blue Nitril gloves over 'em.....

· Premium Member
3,680 Posts
I use 50 cent gloves personally. I am kind of tired of hearing people say gutting isn't safe. just cut, rip, and pull and everything'll come out. Do people legit cut themselves often???

· Registered
8,327 Posts
I use 50 cent gloves personally. I am kind of tired of hearing people say gutting isn't safe. just cut, rip, and pull and everything'll come out. Do people legit cut themselves often???
I've seen several get cut. I've cut my finger once. I just use rubber gloves though like nurses use. Need to get my hands on some of the surgeons gloves that are longer

· Vendor
28,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$30 ?????????? .......................Hell, the disposable H&S(or similar) are only $1.99... I wear a pair of the blue Nitril gloves over 'em.....
I started out the manly bear handed method, then did exactly what is shown in the picture for many deer. I still have a box full of them. Believe me when I tell you the knife is much harder to handle in that style of glove. Although pliable it is much thicker, offering the user more protection. Over the years I have nicked my fingers many times. Those who haven't nicked their fingers are very fortunate or haven't gutted that many deer. In gutted every deer I've killed, plus others to help teach them so I'm talking hundreds of deer in 40 years.
This is pretty good insurance against lymes disease and stitches for $30 if ya ask me. The other gloves do work, just not nearly as well. BTW its a one time purchase that can be used over and over without leaving a mess behind.

· Banned
18,714 Posts
Uh, if you notice, my knife is has a very gripable rubber handle...never any problems using it....I'll pass...thanks anyways .......

· Registered
1,058 Posts
That's way too much $.. I constantly come home with latex or nitrel gloves in my pocket from work. Sometimes just one glove, sometimes 4 or 5 pairs depending on when I last emptied my pockets.

No way I'd pay for that.

· Registered
7,957 Posts
I've seen several get cut. I've cut my finger once. I just use rubber gloves though like nurses use. Need to get my hands on some of the surgeons gloves that are longer
Just ask a nurse! The nitrile gloves are most common but those "surgeon" gloves are right beside them, just they are sterile and work amazingly! I mean I wouldn't know I would never

· Registered
3,166 Posts
To each their own, but a little blood and guts doesn't bother me in the least bit. I don't use nitrile gloves because they are useless in my opinion. Now if you knocked the gloves down to about 5 dollar a pair, I'd be game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
8,327 Posts
Just ask a nurse! The nitrile gloves are most common but those "surgeon" gloves are right beside them, just they are sterile and work amazingly! I mean I wouldn't know I would never
oh i know. My wife's a RN. just havent reminded her lately

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.