Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
my form feels perfect finaly, and so is my BT. i hit the center everytime from 20 yards, and don't miss at all really up to 40 yards!! i'm lovin it!!!
how is it??
my hand on my release isn't as it is when i am shooting, cuz i am aiming at a wall. don't want it firing on me!!!!

Attachments

·
74,535 Posts
Cory

Grants in trouble. Looks good. Nothing like getting a good start at such a young age. Keep up the work.

·
Registered
236 Posts
other guys looking for tips on their form....Look at this kid..... hes got it figured out. I myself would take my fingers off the bow grip, but thats just my form. If you are hitting X's with your current form, dont change a thing.

·
Registered
247 Posts
archery 1

Kept it up and by the time your Brad Rega's age (He'll be older by then & and maybe be married) you can put some whip-a_ _ on HIM. David Chouinard

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
It looks awsome. Now train your bow arm elbow to do that:D :p

Attachments

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Looks pretty good! But......your elbow is still locked. Maybe a bit shorter though to relax it a bit, and pull everything in line a bit more. It may be no more than 1/8", but when you're that close, a little bit goes a long way.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
form

Just relax your bow arm a little bit and let the fingers on the bow relax a bit.

The BOWSITE link on my web site links page has a good article by "Dr. Mark Timney" on releaseing the arrow. Worth reading.

http://home.earthlink.net/~baswb/archery/

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
my hand is really relaxed, on the bow and release, and also, my elbow is bent, but my arm just doesn't bend the way you want it to, my coach told me to do it like this.

and my set up is: (this is a borrowed bow, i will have a cougar 3)
but it is a hoyt sapphire, sure loc challenger sight with a super scope and a 5x lens, a carter just cuz release, a trophy taker rest, and a 26" cartel stabilizer.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Dude, your form is excellent!

The only thing that I'd change is to point your bow elbow "behind you," and not at the floor. (Another way to say the same thing is that the axis of the joint movement needs to be vertical.) If you look at your extended bow arm, you'll note that you can rotate it considerably....

Dylan's bow elbow (above picture) is in the correct orientation. Even though his elbow looks bent, I'm sure it is straight, as it should be.

I suspect you'll be cleaning up in Vegas within a few years. :D

kgk

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
You are correct KGK, My arm isn't bent.;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts