Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting one of these bows and I am wanting to know some speeds I am a 28.5 draw and will probably be shooting around 60-65 lbs and a 400 grain arrow....I just saw a video review and the guy was shooting a 28 draw 60 lbs with 375 grain arrow and was only getting like 278 that seems slow to me I know it only 60 lbs and 28 draw but by my calculations it should be hitting about 10-12 fps faster than that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Lancaster Archery has a video on YouTube with the same specs you're looking for I believe.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lancaster is shooting a impulse 34 I have seen that video and it's not my same setup

·
Registered
7,851 Posts
I am thinking about getting one of these bows and I am wanting to know some speeds I am a 28.5 draw and will probably be shooting around 60-65 lbs and a 400 grain arrow....I just saw a video review and the guy was shooting a 28 draw 60 lbs with 375 grain arrow and was only getting like 278 that seems slow to me I know it only 60 lbs and 28 draw but by my calculations it should be hitting about 10-12 fps faster than that

That would seem slow, I have an I34 at 58lb 28dl 407 grain arrow at 270. So you should be north of that.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The guy of the video got those numbers not me I would like to stay close to 290 but it is what it is

·
Registered
112 Posts
Has any shot an Obsession Bow? If so, how would you say the Elite 31 compares to a Obsession Delta 6?
Appreciate any feedback

JEsse

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I 31 67/30. 430 at 308, 477 at 295, 525 at 280. Breathn strings and tune. John knows how to make these bows perform. Save yourself some time and aggravation and have John built it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
After reading through this thread, I decided to go outside and choreographed my bow. Here are my findings: Elite Impulse 31, #60, 28", Goldtip 415.5 gr, Speed 269.5 - 270.0 FPS (5 arrows). I then went to the web page archerycalculator.com/estimate.bow.speed and entered the my data into the fields. The estimate is 271.2 FPS. Now I know that temperature may have a minor impact due to density but all in all I believe the 270 FPS is the realistic speed for my set-up. Plenty fast, very accurate and repeatable. By the way one field entry in the calculator calls for added string weight (speed beads, peep, etc. ) and I estimated 40 gr.

·
Registered
97 Posts
my I31 shoots around 268 with a 30" draw, 65ish lbs, and 500gr arrow. It's all in spec and tuned.
I need to adjust my draw weight here. I've been shooting 63lbs after checking with a bow scale I just bought. Pulled it back 3 times with it, and it read the same thing each time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts