Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
In Urban We Trust
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all Impulses noisier than most Elites? I’ve had two I31’s and currently have a 34 and they all have a distinct noise to them like something is loose but everything is tight. I’m comparing them to the E32 and synergy. Just can’t seem to get them quiet. They shoot good but just seem loud. Anyone else notice this or is it my imagination?

·
Is it beer:30 yet??
6,415 Posts
Only speaking from my own experience.....but my I34 is every bit as quiet as the E35 that I used to have, and quieter than my PSE Decree HD(which is also a VERY quiet bow). I have a K-Tech string stop on mine, which will make a small difference, but it shouldn't be a considerable amount. Mine is a 70lb'er maxed out too. Maybe re check all mod screws and the distance of the string stop to the string? My string stop is about a business card's thickness(maybe just a touch less) from the string, and that has worked well for me. Not sure brother, but hope you get it figured out. Going on hunting season #3 with my I34, and looking forward to many more with it. O-H!!

PS.....The Synergy might be one of the quietest bows that I have ever experienced, but it should be with the lower #'s on the performance scale.

·
In Urban We Trust
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I’m just used to the synergy I may have someone else shoot it and see If I can tell any difference. It does shoot good. Thanks I-O

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
I've owned my share of I34s and currently own a brand new 1 that i haven't even taken the tags off it yet... BUT i have not noticed any kind of "louder" shot sound from any of them. Could it be that your bow is not timed perfect or maybe a loose mod screw??

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
I've owned my share of I34s and currently own a brand new 1 that i haven't even taken the tags off it yet... BUT i have not noticed any kind of "louder" shot sound from any of them. Could it be that your bow is not timed perfect or maybe a loose mod screw??
Or possibly a loud rest. I thought my synergy was loud but found it was the elite qad I had on it.

·
In Urban We Trust
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I need to look at the accessories and see if they may be the culprit

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
Ya I need to look at the accessories and see if they may be the culprit
I've got the same exact problem going on with a impulse 34 myself, out of 9 bows in my mancave it's the noisest, timing is dead on and it has a buzz going on that I can't find or fix, no hand shock and not a screw loose anywhere but still trying to find the culprit, only thing left is to start taking parts off (single elimination) I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts