Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its hard to believe....that 2 years ago.....i watched many of my traveling partners who went to the IFAA world field archery champions held that time in BEAUTIFUL AUSTRALIA.......shoots some awesome field archery

FIFI of the land of syrup and snow took 1st place.....and this was a repeat for her as she had WON the previous time she competed.....

TOOTHY.....thats right...the long gone...but not forgotten anal archer....got his first MERIT and podium finish.....thats right, its a little known fact, that TOOTHY actually took 3rd place in a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP in the PRO CLASS......

finishing right infront of him was none other then BCY'S own CHRIS DESTON....whom the sorter and i will have the pleasure of seeing and hanging with on this trip......Chris and BCY BOB will be right there once again going for some MERIT....

then one of my other traveling partners also finished high up in the MERIT order....none other then MISS LUCKY....thats right..LUCKY finished in 4th place....just out of the podium finish...but none the less....she showed us all how alittle extra PRACTICE while in session dont hurt nobody:zip:

and since we are speaking of order of merit.......the other syrup sucker SEAN MCKENTY (ya thats really his AT name) finished ONE slot behind TOOTHY in 4th place in the PROfessional ranks.....

now...after that....we had a gaggle of hiccups and herks and jerks......but....i did not finish last in our group.....nope....i beat the evil man himself....GREY EVIL:tongue:.......him and i duked it out till the last day to determine the order of merit.....

now speaking of MERIT.....

just how far does ONE have to travel to seek that ever elusive order??? and what would constitute reaching the highly elusive title....would a top 25 place get it...would a top 15 place finish get you into the club....or would a top 10 cement your name in infamy......or does it take a top 5 place to belong to that club.....

i tried to talk HINKY into going on this quest of the best...but he said he would have a harder time winning his clubs league championship then this shoot:eek:.....guess im glad im not going to his DOJO NEXT WEEK:tongue:

but i know what the real truth behind HINKYS refusal to go for the WORLD TITLE...he said that no way would he risk that .....then he would never hear the end of he should turn PRO......and i guess he does have a point..... plutonium or not......

ill be in NAMIBIA next thursday...and hopefully as soon as FRIDAY we will be giving daily reports and updates from the quest of merit.....

ill certainly not be able to obtain what some of my past and current traveling partners will do...but ill do my best to keep pace;)

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
I hope you have fun over there OBT, when i first heard you were going to Africa, i thought it was a hunting trip, i didn't realise it was a World Championship !!!

Good Luck Mate !!! :darkbeer: :darkbeer:

Woody

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ill hunt by day......and thrill by night:tongue:

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who’re you taking as gun-bearers and do they double as bait?...:wink:
some have said bait to me already..."jail bait" but hey.....bait is bait right:eek::wink:

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
If this OBT shoots as good as he says he does, I predict a top 10 finish.

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im thinking.....this just might be the right time for me to go PRO and really prove my worth...with at least a top 2 finish:wink:

·
Registered
14,613 Posts
No body remembers nothin

last time I shot the IFAA Worlds, I got 3rd place and shot a perfect round one day of the 5 days and got my Perfect IFAA/NFAA hat pin.

But obt, as the Hood,,,It's hard for me to get a passport or i should say,I know I can't get one or I would be on that plane and it wouldn't cost me a penny after setting foot down in South Africa, so I been told by Roelf Odendoal, Martin Moolman, Pieter Mooluan and Lukus, who I'm sure You'll meet while shooting the IFAA since the SANIFAA is holding the shoot.

Yeap, I'm just a has-been that Has-been

1 - 11 of 11 Posts