Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently deployed in Iraq and I am looking into getting a new bow using BowTech's deployed soldier program. I emailed their rep and they have either the General or the 101st available. I currently shoot an Elite Synergy @ 28.5". I upgraded last year from a BowTech Mighty Mite (which I loved). I am curious as to what the benefits are of the General over the 101st and vice versa. The synergy that I shoot is very quiet, but not as quiet as my buddy's Guardian. I like the idea of the speed with the 101st at a shorter draw length, but I believe that the longer axle to axle length may help with accuracy. I am looking for opinions from those of you who have shot (or own) either of these two bows. I will most likely set it up as a hunting bow and upgrade the sight, rest, arrows, etc. when I get home in September (just in time for archery season back in PA)

As a side note, my current setup:
Elite Synergy @ 28.5" @ 70#
Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350's w/4" feathers
QAD Ultra Rest PRO Series LD
Sure Loc Lethal Weapon Spec Ops 5 PIN
Scott Little Bidy Goose
Sling, Stabilizer, String Supressor, Metapeep, etc.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey we appreciate all your doing over there, and wish your safe return. If your into speed you'll want the 101st with an ibo of 340 and just over a 7 inch brace. It is 36.75in a2a. A little more hand shock and noise than the general, but not bad. The general has over a 8 inch brace height with a Ibo of 315, with a a2a of just over 31 inches. It is extremely quiet and zero hand shock. It would make a great tree stand/ground blind bow. For overal bow I would take the 101st as it is very fast yet still very forgiving with a longer a2a and still over a 7 inch brace.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
First and foremost, thanks for serving your country! HOOAH! :darkbeer:

You can't go wrong with either one. The 101st will be faster, but not as quiet or shock free...just depends on what you value most. I shot them both a lot last year when making the same decision. I went with the General. They are both great bows, but I thought the General drew a bit smoother, and I couldn't believe how quiet it was. The 101st is still pretty quiet for as fast as it shoots.

I guess that didn't really help much. :)

Stay safe and God bless!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Thank you for your service

Id have to go wit the 101. they are great lil bows and are now diwcontinued, so they are gonna be rarer

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Thank you for serving this county also. I would personally go with the General.

·
Registered
78 Posts
General

I just used the same program from Bowtech, and got the General. Mine will be a strictly treestand huntin' rig when I get home, so I opted for the shorter A2A/longer brace height/less hand shock. Like everyone else is saying, you can't go wrong with either, but the General just suits my needs a little better. Take care.

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Ive actually owned both lol! I could honestly just flip a coin to pick. They are both really different animals though. The general is a pleasure to shoot b/c of its smoother more subtle abilities, while the 101st is a little more untamed and vicious. Its all what you prefer. I would own either again.

Derek

ps

heres a link to see both of mine in action:darkbeer: Just to give ya a taste...

thank you for your service.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...viewPicture&friendID=54069651&albumId=2319464

·
Registered
655 Posts
As all have mentioned before me, THANK YOU for what you are doing. Now, I personally like the General, I have owned mine for a year now and have not had one issiue with it, love it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
General

I'm over here as well and just got my General in the mail a few days ago. I set it up with all the accessories plus a Spot Hogg sight that I got using their military discount. Seems like a really nice bow so far, and all I've ever heard is how quiet and smooth it is. I am having some other stuff sent over and should be shooting it soon. I didn't know they offered the 101st for their military discount program.

BTW, I'm from the PA/MD area as well. I wish I was going to be home in September. I'll miss the entire season this year.:(

·
Shootingairborne
10,599 Posts
I've set up both. The Gen was the quitest bow I've never heard???????

I don't know what people are talking about hand shock on the 101. Out of all that I set up none had any hand shock. The cams were timed and not problems. I even kept the short stop on the 101 just used the BowJax replacement.

So I would go with the 101st! Put on a custom string stop below the grip and you have a great hunting bow!

PM any ?

Later 1SG Hall!

·
Registered
50 Posts
101st is the one i have,very forgiving and fast,the weight of it is perfect,pretty long axle to axle-36 1/2.never tried the captain,but i had a plunk sound that i didnt like too much, then i put limbsavers on the limbs and quieted right down...now its perfect.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts