Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tim Newbold - December 1,1958 - August 24, 2006

Tim first visited Martin Archery when he was about 10 years old. He would ride his bicycle over 10 miles to the Martin plant to buy arrows or accessories. He loved the sport so much that I later gave him a job at age 18. During his time at Martin he ran bow production for several years and later joined me in bow design and patent work.

Tim Newbold brought an artist's touch to his work whether he's creating a bow riser or a wildlife illustration. Though he had a design computer in his office, he preferred to draw bows and accessories freehand. We made many prototypes and designed so many bows and accessories together including Firecat, Jaguar and Scepter. We both agreed that the Firecat was the most challenging riser we ever designed.

One popular product Tim designed and Martin produced was the Fall Away arrow rest in laucher version and prong style. Tim was the first to create the design that many companies produce today.There is little difference from the version we made in the 1980’s and the rests today including the arrow holder feature. The market was just not ready for a fall away at that time. Now it is widely received.

For the last few years Tim has continued his art and worked on camouflage for our company. During the last few months Tim and I have been working on some great new riser designs. The designs will be shown soon.

I will miss him so much as a friend and as a fellow designer. Tim worked for Martin Archery for over 25 years. Many features he helped design are on bows of all types on the market today. His work will live on in the bows produced and in future models for 2007 and 2008.

Terry Martin

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts
It looks like Tim did really nice work.

The archery community will miss Tim.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Terry sorry to hear about this loss. We are certainly looking forward to the riser designs Tim and yourself worked on. I wish his family the best and I am sure Tim was just as excited to go to work everyday as he was to ride his bike to the Martin plant.

·
Registered
8,745 Posts
I'm so sorry to here of the loss of such a valuable and caring archer. My heart goes out to everyone in the Martin family and also to Mr. Newbold's family. He will live on in the hearts of all that knew him and his legacy is all of his inovations and hard work that he did while working for Martin Archery!

It is a sad day when archery looses one of it's own! :(

Dick

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
sorry to hear of his passing.......looks like you and Tim worked well together in your designs.....

thoughts and prayers to family, friends and coworkers.....

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Tim...

He will be missed.....

Heres to Tim and all the fine products he brought to his fellow archers!!

:darkbeer:

PUG

·
Registered
727 Posts
so sorry to hear this,it is sad to loose a member of such a tight family like martin.my prayers are with martin and tims family.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
It's really hard to lose a friend. It's even harder if you were blessed enough to work together every day. Thoughts and prayers go out to you.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Thanks for the nice tribute Terry. Sorry to hear of this. My condolances to his family and friends.

·
Registered
25,967 Posts
:cry: I'm sorry to hear this Terry.

Thoughts and prayers out to his friends and family. :cry:

·
Registered
10,984 Posts
Terry . . in addition to losing a valuable asset to Martin Archery it sounds like you lost a close personal friend. Those are awfully tough to come by. My condolences to you and my thoughts and prayers go out to Tim's family.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
i'm sorry

to hear about your loss of a friend and worker, and the loss of what sounds like a great man. My prayers are w/ you , and his family.

·
Simon Cowel of AT
6,595 Posts
My thoughts and prayers are with Tims family........

I still have an original Firecat which is as beautiful and shootable today as it was 15 years ago!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
He certainly was a creative individual. He applied himself completely to whatever he was doing, and it showed in his work. His interests extended beyond archery as Tim was also a serious waterfowler who designed and produced his own decoys.

He will be missed, my many and for a long time.

We'll be saying "hey" each time a flight goes overhead, Tim.

:darkbeer:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts