Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, all. I have an 18 year old son who would like to do his senior project on archery, and correlating the ancient art from necessity, defense, hobby, etc. to modern day bow hunting/archery. He needs a mentor. It would not have to be a huge commitment. Chatting with him, answering questions, maybe a day of hunting or target practice. He has a bow. PLEASE SHARE YOUR PASSION WITH MY BOY!!!! We are in Asheville, NC, willing to travel or receive guests.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Howdy, all. I have an 18 year old son who would like to do his senior project on archery, and correlating the ancient art from necessity, defense, hobby, etc. to modern day bow hunting/archery. He needs a mentor. It would not have to be a huge commitment. Chatting with him, answering questions, maybe a day of hunting or target practice. He has a bow. PLEASE SHARE YOUR PASSION WITH MY BOY!!!! We are in Asheville, NC, willing to travel or receive guests.
Not anywhere close to NC, but more than happy to answer questions. Have him go ahead and send me a PM.

·
YouThinkIcan't?!WatchMe
7,038 Posts
Send him here. A lot of great guys that are willing to help.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I would also answer any questions I could if he wanted to PM me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
" Sen him here. A lot of great guys that are willing to help."
By here do you mean this forum? I made an account here as he was searching other avenues, specifically because it requested a date of birth. At 18, though, I guess he's considered an adult here. I will post his info once he creates his own account. Thanks, All. Feeling hopeful and inspired.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Don't forget, there's Blue Ridge Bowhunters Archery Club just up the road from Asheville, and ncbowhunter.com as well. Heritage Outdoors there in Asheville has a range and probably some good advice for him as well.

Between 'em, they should be able to get your boy on target good and proper.

TS

·
Registered
796 Posts
I just finished my senior project. It's one big pain in the butt. I did teaching rather than archery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
4,577 Posts
I am located in Asheville. Give me a call. ��

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
The North Carolina Bowhunters Association (ncbowhunter.com?)will have it's year-end banquet on Saturday evening March 5th (6:00 p.m.) during this year's Dixie Deer Classic, in Raleigh, NC in one of the buildings on the state fair grounds. This would be an opportune time for your son to pick up a wealth of knowledge and shoot at the 3D shoot, schedule all 3 days of the Classic! It's unfortunately a stretch for you guys though, of about a 4 hour drive, from Asheville. I'm sure Charlotte offers a similar afair as well, which would be closer to you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts