Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help setting up my mze on an allegiance. It works fine with 4 in vanes, but blazers hit the hook. Basically the hook doesn’t drop low enough, and I don’t know why.

The bow is a 70 lb 06 allegiance with a 30 in draw. I am shooting goldtip 22’s with pin nocks. I have the 600 pc mze.

I used the second of the two holes to mount the rest and placed the hook in the last hole. I mounted the rest in the back berger button. Then I set the center of the nock 1/8 in above the top of the berger button. Next I nocked an arrow and set the height of the rest so that the bottom of the arrow is in line with the bottom of the berger button. Finally I set the rest to come to full draw roughly 1 in before hitting the wall.

With the rest set up this way about half of the V in the hook is below the riser. It seems that other Allegiance’s I have seen online get the hook to drop lower than I do.

How can I get the hook to drop lower? Do you have any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
been a while since i had a mze. but i think to make it drop quicker you have to screw the plastic screw in more . sometimes you have to trim some threads off to make it fit.
also check your center shot to make sure it's ok . & make sure your not twisting the bow & making the vanes hit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem solved, I had the nock placed to high on the string. The 1/8 inch high measurement is to the top of the nock, not the center.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts