Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,
in target competitions, are there rules against the color of a bow? do you have to get a target color bow for the FITA competitions or anything like that, or can you have a camo colored bow?
also, are you able to send out your bow to get a new paintjob on it?
thankx

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
depends on the shoot, but I don't think there are any more rules against camo bows. However at some you may be one of the very few with a camo one. NAA indoor nationals comes to mind. Most 3D shoots will have at least 50% camo.

--Bob

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Cory, essentially any color goes (with the exception of the Olympics, recurves not allowed camo) for the bow, including camo colored risers in FITA competitions.

As far as "send out your bow to get a new paintjob...", some manufacturers have a Custom Shop option which allows you to select this up front. I'm not aware of any though that allow you to return your bow to them to be re-painted. There are some individuals that do custom re-painting (don't know any off the top of my head though) which you can go to. I've also heard of auto body shops that on occasion will do custom re-painting.

Hope this info helps in any way..........:)

>>------>

·
Registered
972 Posts
There are custom auto painting places that will paint your bow for you. It is a little on the steep side though. The nifty thing about it is that you can have a one of a kind bow.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
The only time you _can't_ have a camo riser is if you're shooting barebow, because you could use a particular bit of the camo as a distance mark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts