Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if this is just me or if this is universal to all hunters. The season starts saturday and the wife is starting her little production of being home with the kids while I'm out having a good time. Ussually this doesn't happen until the beginning of December.

Just wanted to know how everyone else makes out. Good hunting.

·
Registered
174 Posts
i feel for you. I hunted very little when my children were small. Now that they're older I hunt much more and my wife is very understanding. You''ll just have to come up with a compromise that works for you both. I Typically hunt 2 or 3 evenings a week and Saturday, never on Sunday. I take a couple of weeks vacation in early Novemeber and hunt hard, everyday but Sunday.

It works for us.

Hang in there, there are more important things than hunting.

K

·
0 Posts
my wife dd that last season but she wasnt working much at the time and she finally got used to it and now this year she seems alot more understanding maybe she liked not aving to buy mea all year or something but we have 2 kids both under 2 and im going back to school this year but i got done with my stuff so i can hunt 2 mornings a week starting at the end of october and the weekends but all morning hunts ill only get a few evenings in because ill be babysitting

·
Registered
945 Posts
She Hunts Too

She goes every time i go or she beats me their if she gets off work early. she got her first bow kill this previous:wink: weekend.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Been there, done that. My wife gets a little miffed, and I remind her I could be worse places doing "worse things." That usually helps for a little bit. This year will be more difficult as she's expecting sometime in the next 2 wks, I will be limited, and understandably so.

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
I make out great. Hunting time is nothing compared to all the time I was gone in my Navy career.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
My wife is very cool about the whole hunting thing. While we were dating I told her, and made sure she knew that I was 100% serious, that nothing short of my own death or the birth of my own child will interfere with hunting season. She knows when deer starts and she knows when turkey starts, and along with that she knows what my plans are every Saturday and every free minute I get before and after work during those times of the year :D :D :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
Dog house

I don't have that problem at the moment, my wife can't wait to get me out of the house right now. This is usually the case, but by Thanksgiving, she is rolling her eyes and giving me the look. You know, the one that says, I'm trying to think of a way to hurt you so that it looks like an accident, but not too bad because you still have a list of things to do for me.:wink:

·
Registered
108 Posts
lucky

I feel ya brotha. My wife started in on me when I started getting ready for the season. I would tell her I am going to shoot, then that turned into tweeking my bow some other way that lead to longer shooting times, etc. Fortunately my wife does support my love of the sport, just not as much as me.......:beer:
smashing

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SEOBowhntr said:
Been there, done that. My wife gets a little miffed, and I remind her I could be worse places doing "worse things." That usually helps for a little bit. This year will be more difficult as she's expecting sometime in the next 2 wks, I will be limited, and understandably so.

I do that also but she is catching on because I wouldn't be doing anything worse anyways. Good luck with the little one. It will be a great life change.

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
I see this type of thread all the time and it really makes me wonder if maybe you boys were not quite honest with your ladies when you were dating. YA GOTTA BREAK EM LIKE YA RIDE EM BOYS. In other words tell them about your addiction to the outdoors and how as you get older it wil probably only get worse. If she can't handle that well ther is no way in heck you logging more hours in the timber in late Oct andNov than you do in your own bed. I knew my wife was the one for me when our first nov together we had been dating 6 months. At 3:00 I woke her up in her dorm room and handed her a tupperware container. I said I love you honey please go pee in this she just looked at me a little funny walked to th bathroom and brought it back full. I kissed her on the fore head and told her to go back to bed. I headed to my huntin spot got dressed doctored three big scrapes near my stand with my home brew "doe in estruos". 10:10 that morn I shot the 11 th buck that ripped th hell outta those scrapes. sorry this got so long I tend to ramble when proving a point. Not bashing anyone's wife here just very very thankful for the AWESOME one I have.

·
Public land herd thinner
2,248 Posts
Nope can't say that I am in your shoes . My wife knew how much I hunter before I we got hitched . The only thing she ask is that I spend time with my son . Which of course I make sure I do .

·
Registered
75 Posts
It seems that most of you guys hunted prior to getting married. Do you have any suggestions for the guy that is just now getting into the sport. I have been married for 6 years and last year was my first time in the field. It seems after that the fever stuck and all I want to do is scout or sit in a tree. Unfortunately the wife is already starting to get the look when I go out to shoot the bow.

·
Registered
354 Posts
When my wife starts gettting on me about hunting or fishing I just tell her that if she wants me to I will give it all up tomorrow.

I then remind her that I would probably start spending my extra time and money on cocain and women!!:wink: Seems to settle her right down!! She even suggests maybe I go buy a new tree stand or something.:)

·
Registered
69 Posts
good lord.. it's the same thing on every site I am a member. Your significant other should accept you for everything you are. Met my BF almost 2 years ago.. we hunt, hike, shoot, ride our bikes, and hang out together. He has grown accustom to my quirks and I have grown accustom to his... Whether your other half was there when you started hunting or they were there before hunting , they should be happy that you are doing something you enjoy rather than being out screwing around!!!

Just my opinion...

·
Registered
161 Posts
my suggestion is to buy your wife a bow i bought mine one about 6 years ago she never shot it very much but she became very understanding why i liked it so much this year she decided that she wants to hunt so i hope she gets one then i know she will want to go as much as i want to good luck this year guys

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
PABowhunt4life said:
My wife is very cool about the whole hunting thing. While we were dating I told her, and made sure she knew that I was 100% serious, that nothing short of my own death or the birth of my own child will interfere with hunting season. She knows when deer starts and she knows when turkey starts, and along with that she knows what my plans are every Saturday and every free minute I get before and after work during those times of the year :D :D :D
I did that too, but she's since developed amnesia. I'm trying to get her involved a little more. Not a lot, just a little bit. :wink:

·
Registered
403 Posts
My girlfriend has started the guilt trips already.

I don't do guilttrips, we started dating last year on Nov 5th. so, she knows the time i put into it.

If this keeps up, looks like i might start the season in a relationship and end it single.

I don't do guilt trips.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts