Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been using a pearson "the best" release ever since I have been shooting. Well I guess either someone took it from our cabin, or I have miss placed it. I have never used one of the ones that strap on the wrist. can someone give me the 411 on the newer releases. what are the advantages and disadvantages to the ones that are wrist strap vrs the ones that you hold in your hand?

· Registered
532 Posts
to me it is a personal thing. I use a B.T for targets and a wrist strap release for hunting. I strap it on before I go in the woods. I dont have to think which pocket it is in or worry about dropping it out of the tree strand. I did read some were that it was easier to get target panic shooting a wrist strap type release. I dont believe that, I can get P.T with any release.

· She's baaaaack!!!!
20,602 Posts
I've been using a Carter Ember for all of my archery shooting which includes hunting, competitive indoor spots and 3D. There are many quality releases and this is one thing I would spend a little money on. I like open hook releases with a D-loop.

-T.R.U. Ball has some very good releases. :wink: Of course they're top notch since they are made in Virginia otherwise we wouldn't let them stay.
-Carter makes top end releases. You can count on a sturdy, reliable and smooth product. They back their products with an excellent warranty. :wink: If you can't find a Carter you like you're being way too picky, they make a bunch of different designs.
-Copper/Stanislawski have top notch stuff as well.
-Scott has some high end releases.

You're the only one that can decide if you like the "feel" of a release. Try some friends releases and a few at stores. You can find some excellent deals here in the AT classifieds. you can try them and then sell them for what you paid. I bought a few different releases here and then settled on the Ember from Carter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.