Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an AA palm and love using it.
A couple of shooters I have shot with use an inclinometer to read the angles of the hills. When this information is programed into the computer they get the perfect yardage cuts.
Does any one know where to buy one?
How much do they cost?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I use a Suunto clinometer, which is of pretty high quality, for making maps. You can find them and other clinometers at www.cgsmule.com - search for "clinometer" or download their catalog. The Suuntos are listed as Models PM-. . .

They are over $100, but they are the best.

Scott

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
IMO, an inclinometer is not necessary. I have seen too many people mess up and take off to much on thier sight, while I am over here guessing and get it in. Personally, I do not think it offers any real advantage. Just another VERY expensive gadget. If you want to give me some points, by all means get one! lol

·
Registered
506 Posts
While Clinometers & PDAs are not for everyone, I know a number of Top Pros that won't shoot Field Rounds without them. Jimmy Despart shot a 559 Field Round on a hilly course he never shot before relying on AAPalm and a Clinometer. Dan Quintanna was the NFAA Pro Points Champ two years ago and won't step on a range without his Clinometer.

Tony Clem purchased AAPalm & a Clinometer shortly after winning Redding in the Pro Division a couple of years ago. Tony told me that he couldn't have won Redding if there weren't AAPalm shooters on the target with him helping with how much to cut for uphill/downhill shots.

These are tools plain & simple. They are definitely not GADGETs. Like all tools, they can become crutches or hinderances when miss-used. When used properly however, the results are consistently right on.

Good Shooting!

Perry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts