Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my oldest son and I have OTC elk tags now, we hunted hard this last weekend and saw nothing but mulleys. So this weekend we will be trying another unit, however last night we got 2 left over doe tags for the same gmu we are hunting elk this weekend. So my question..... Does anyone else do this to try to increase there odds of bagging something?

I figured that the more options we have the better the odds to get a kid happy about hunting.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I have never done it with a kid, but yeah often times I will have an elk and a mule deer tag in my pocket......not this year though.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
So my oldest son and I have OTC elk tags now, we hunted hard this last weekend and saw nothing but mulleys. So this weekend we will be trying another unit, however last night we got 2 left over doe tags for the same gmu we are hunting elk this weekend. So my question..... Does anyone else do this to try to increase there odds of bagging something?

I figured that the more options we have the better the odds to get a kid happy about hunting.
Get him a kill. Nothing makes a kid latch on to hunting better. I would suggest upping your odds of getting an animal and head to the unit you hunted last weekend. It's early in the season for elk anyways.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts