Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gear Nut
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question for anyone who wants to answer:

Do you consider a sight to have 2nd axis adjustment capability if it only has an adjustable level?

or,

Do you only consider it to have 2nd axis adjustment capability when the actual housing is able to be rotated on the sight to adjust the 2nd axis?

For example, the Truglo Range Rover has an adjustable level, but there is no way to rotate the actual housing. Would count that as a legitimate 2nd axis adjustment?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
I don't think it matters much . long as youre reading level on all your shots , steep or straight .
I do like the option to adjust all 3 axis on a sight , but its not totally necessary . your level should be set so that the sight pins remain at a true 90 degrees . this could take several long distance shots to get right .

you can actually shim the 2nd axis , but its not usually a problem with the exact machining of the sight . your 3rd axis is usually correct too on sights that don't have a 3rd axis option .

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I think the adjustable level should be enough, though there might be a very sight variance in windage at distance if the mechanism is traveling at a slight angle instead of perpendicular to the ground.

At that point I would sight it in the farthest I could and the discrepancy would be less pronounced up close.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Back Yard Champion
29,832 Posts
Copper John had this years ago. First it was the beveled washer affair and then the Maxxis scope housing. The Maxxis came on the latter versions of the Copper John ANTS 2. I had the 3D and the FITA version sight frames. Got them cheap and sold them the same way. I thought adjusting the scope it's self to correct 2nd and 3rd axis real dumb. I mean, you have the mounting plate, extension bar (which you flipped to correct too much or not enough side position for the scope), and the vertical adjustment frame.

Never trusted it. I started with the bow, then the sight frame. Once I was satisfied all was square I adjust the level for 2nd axis. I followed instructions (still available on the internet). 45 degree tilt and got 3rd axis set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts