Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Fletcher Flathead, which I really think I'm going to enjoy shooting! I've been messing around with the length to the trigger and have found that shortening it down so that with a closed fist, the back of the trigger is resting on top of my middle finger. I no longer have to feel like I'm reaching out with my finger tip. Instead, I can keep my finger curled, which helps me feel my knuckle behind my earlobe. Does this sound right? I'm also no longer using my nose as an anchor point. With my Ross 334, I have to cant my head slightly. My 1/4" peep lines up well with my sight housing and my anchor point feels consitent. I'm shooting a 27" draw and with this set up and a shorter loop, I could probably get up to a 27.5".

Mike

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
I have big hands for a little guy but I use the Scott Little Goose Short. I have it so the trigger lays barely below the first joint in my index finger. Like you, I like to have the finger wrapped around the trigger.

It pains me when I see guys REACHING with the pad of their finger to get it on the trigger.

·
Banned
910 Posts
alot of release manufacturers are making releases where the trigger to jaw distance is shorter to give the archer a lil more draw length. 1/2" probably.3/4" probably not.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 - 4 of 4 Posts