Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a indian seneca recurve that's 58"@45# and wanted to know if anyone familiar with this bow can tell me the actual brace height for the bow. Right now I have it set at 7 1/2. The bow still doesnt shoot quite right because it doesnt feel like its 45# but has info on the limbs that says it is. Any help would be helpful. Thanks, Myron

·
Registered
303 Posts
Try closer to 8", and as for the weight, maybe someone around you has a scale they can check it with. It was an entry level bow that pretty near anyone could afford back then and you see them quite often on Ebay. It's a good utility weapon and you can still buy them pretty cheap. You just have to find where the brace works best.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My 58" seneca BH is set at about 7 3/4". I did find on the internet a mess of info about Indian bows, production models and brace heights..
Does your bow have string grooves at the limb tips? Some seneca models don't have a string groove which creates an annoying string slap. Some velcro may be needed to deaden slap

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought this bow at a yardsale for 20 bucks and put a B55 Dacron string on it. It's in great shape and is a 1961 year model. I thought it was a cool find. I also bought a 52"@50# Ben Pearson recurve from the same guy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It actually is very quite, but my string has extra wrap on the ends to prevent bow slap on the limbs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts