Archery Talk Forum banner

Indiana bow hunters?

1078 Views 26 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  mwaym
our season starts next wed.:darkbeer: since it stars smack dab in the middle of the week ,how many of you are taking off work to go?.i have wed.,thur.and fri.off but figure ill try to get a few things done around the house while im home too.:wink:yea right!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
626 Posts
I work nights 6 to 6. I will more than likely hunt every morning at least. My vacation starts the 27 and I am off until the 20th!!!

· Registered
4,635 Posts
I will be out wed thur and fri also but i work the weekend. I on the other hand wont even be home to do anything. :wink:

I will be in the stand!!!

· Smoke check!
665 Posts
I will go in the afternoons during the week and then hunt all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday

· Registered
4,865 Posts
The wife and I will be hunting friday (Oct. 4). I have to work the weekend. I going to to take some vaction in Nov. What is the best time to take off in Nov? When do you see the best buck movement? This is my 2nd year bow hunting and I want to make the best of my time off. Thanks

· Registered
10,765 Posts
No way I will miss work for hunting the first day, or first 3 weeks of season .I was a young hunter once that couldn't wait as well we all did it .We call the work missers rookies around here as a way of ribbing them because we all did it when we that age .

But with age and experiance comes patiance and we know the time of the year we hunt is the most important dates to miss work not the first day just because we can go .I will hunt after work but if its hot or raining I will be enjoying the ac or tv for this month known as October!! I will be takeing two weeks of vacation in November this year they are the second and third weeks respectively .They arrear to be the right weeks this year last year was the first week and second week it changes just a week or so yearly
IMHO:)Good luck all

· Born To Hunt
6,149 Posts
Hunt opener

I will be out the 1st on a stand if it isnt raining and in a pop up if it is, I am retired, and I hunt most of the days durring the season, I have several stands in 2 different places and access to some other places with a climber, I AM READY!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
36,135 Posts
The wife and I will be hunting friday (Oct. 4). I have to work the weekend. I going to to take some vaction in Nov. What is the best time to take off in Nov? When do you see the best buck movement? This is my 2nd year bow hunting and I want to make the best of my time off. Thanks
last 5 days of Oct, first 15 days of Nov, I wont miss those 20 days for anything!

If I do get out I wont be anywhere near my good spots:)

· Broke and Happy
5,030 Posts
I'll be out weather permitting. The farmer called this morning wanting me to open my gates so they can combine the beans...big bummer, but they are leaving about 40% of the crops because they are still green because they were replanted. HOPEFULLY this will still keep the deer in the same feeding pattern for a couple of weeks. Getting excited, the Switchback is dialed in.

· Registered
5,442 Posts
I'll be out, but in Illinois for opening day. I don't hunt much in early Oct, but I want to get a doe down quick.. I am guessing by 8:30am Oct 1st, I'll have let an arrow fly...

· Registered
1,334 Posts
Around the 8th thru the 11th of Nov. has always been the best buck time for me. :thumbs_up

· Registered
Mathews V3X, Ravin 29x
2,237 Posts
After work only

After work and weekends until late October...have most of November off for bow/gun hunts in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan.

· Banned
1,157 Posts
Not worth missing work the first three weeks. From a couple days before Halloween on is the time to schedule vacation. Anything else is a waste.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.