Archery Talk Forum banner

Indiana Bowhunting

863 Views 15 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  zara_puppy
I have a couple of uncles that own and rent ground in Indiana. There farms are in Pulaski County near Winimac and White county near monticello. I have never bowhunted anywhere but Iowa. I was wondering what the bowhunting is like in those areas. Would it be worth it for me to look into. Thanks
Chad
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· THwack--CRASH
11,208 Posts
instead of asking us ,why don't you ask your uncles?????
lets see ohio on one side and ill. on the other ..........????????....no deer stay home!

· Registered
1,281 Posts
I would look into it. Depends on the type of land they have. I hunted with a fella up in that general direction one year, what county slips my mind, but the farm we were hunting was great. I saw lots of deer and some good bucks.

Do your uncles say the have deer?? If they do go!! I'm available if there's too many there for just one person too. :wink:

· Registered
10,765 Posts
I have a couple of uncles that own and rent ground in Indiana. There farms are in Pulaski County near Winimac and White county near monticello. I have never bowhunted anywhere but Iowa. I was wondering what the bowhunting is like in those areas. Would it be worth it for me to look into. Thanks
Chad
Yes chad there are good deer and alot of them up there .I hunt Pulaski co. alot on a farm we hunted for 15 years .It is differnt though .This can be a high pressure area so those deer are not push overs .And the wood lots are not giant usually 20 -100 acres on the average. with drainages common .It is heavily farmed! Any questions feel free to PM me .Good luck:)

· Born To Hunt
6,149 Posts
Indiana

This could be a great place to hunt depending on the property, there are alot of deer shot around Winamac every year, if you want meat you could fill a freezer with does, and have a chance for a nice buck.

· Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't asked my uncles because I haven't talked to them in long, long time. They are actually my grandpa's brothers so would you call them my great uncles? I mentioned it to my grandpa a few years back. My grandpa told me they farmed potatoes for Frito Lay. I'm not sure if they still do or if he was drinking at the time. He said they just have a ton of farm land and would probably have some good timber also. I've just been thinking about it lately because I'd like to go on a cheap little hunting trip sometime.
Thanks,
Chad

· Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Small, small world! I'm definitely going to look into it. Is there a lottery for Non Resident deer hunters? Wondering if I got a hold of them if I would be able to set something up for this year? If not, there will be next year!
Thanks
CP

· Registered
1,314 Posts
NOPE !!!!!! Don't let anybody fool you. There is hardly ANY deer... let alone a wall hanger anywhere close to INDIANA !!!!! Nope, just small spikes and forkies..... they ARE good eatin, though !!!!:darkbeer:

· Born To Hunt
6,149 Posts
No lottery

Small, small world! I'm definitely going to look into it. Is there a lottery for Non Resident deer hunters? Wondering if I got a hold of them if I would be able to set something up for this year? If not, there will be next year!
Thanks
CP
No lottery for Indiana Non Resident Deer license, you can buy one online if you have a printer for $150.00

· Registered
2,623 Posts
NOPE !!!!!! Don't let anybody fool you. There is hardly ANY deer... let alone a wall hanger anywhere close to INDIANA !!!!! Nope, just small spikes and forkies..... they ARE good eatin, though !!!!:darkbeer:
He's right - There are no big deer in Indiana. End of story.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.