Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Quality Deer Management Association (QDMA) is forming a new branch in Northeast Indiana. The Three Rivers QDMA branch will meet for the first time coming up in a few weeks. Below are the details:

What: 3 Rivers QDMA Branch Installment

When: Thursday Feb. 24th

Where: Gander Mountain, Ft. Wayne Indiana (Lima Rd.)

Time: 6:00 PM

If you have an interest in whitetail hunting, wildlife habitat management, or just want to learn more about what the QDMA is, please join us. We will be electing officers and a Board of Directors so this is your chance to get involved!

Call Justin Mason at (260) 414-5197 if you have any questions.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
I might come, I live here in town, but not sure I have my own program going on one farm, but willing to listen to other ideas and avenues

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was in your situation just 3 months ago. I live in an area where the closest chapter is over 150 miles. So one day I hopped on the QDMA website, looked up the Regional Director for my area, and gave him a ring. Turns out he was a super nice guys and has been awesome to work with. Then it was no time before we had an informational meeting for about 12 guys. We then decided to set up a chapter. Its hard work getting the ball rolling but I have truly come to understand what solid QDM can do for a deer herd. If it was easy, everyone would do it!!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all of the reply's. I would appreciate you guys spreading the word for me. Send me a pm if you have any specific questions. Happy Hunting!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Count me in. Can you give a little background on the people involved so far. I will spread the word. Thanks

·
Registered
539 Posts
Didn't there use to be a group in north central Indiana? I used to see some hand made QDMA managed property signs in Kosciusko County and always thought that it was related.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Didn't there use to be a group in north central Indiana? I used to see some hand made QDMA managed property signs in Kosciusko County and always thought that it was related.
Thats a good questions. I have only been in Ft Wayne for 3 years so it could have been before my time. Michigan is very active with QDMA so they may have been involved with a chapter up there.

Are you going to make it over to the meeting on the 24th? You are certaintly welcome.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Not the same group. I confirmed it with a local CO. Not sure if I will make it. It is an interesting organization though. Did a few deer management term papers in collage years ago. Almost went to University of Georgia for Masters, etc. but ended up here: http://www.getintonature.com

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the reply. I checked out the website, pretty cool. Hope you can make it, if not, feel free to invite your buddies. IM me if you are interested once we get it off the ground!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts