Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody willing to help a fellow bow hunter with info on Harrison Crawford State Forest in Indiana? Last minute trip plans, leaving to head there in a month and have never stepped foot on the ground a day in my life. Trying to turn a family getaway into hunting for a few days while I am on my way back to home to TN. Any information from lodging, lay of land, area in general, tips would be greatly greatly appreciated!!!! Ive been trying to gather as much info off the net that I can, but its pretty much a vast amount of vagueness... Thanks in advance to anybody willing to help me!!:)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I'm not familiar enough to give any recommendations really on hunting, but have hunted there a handful of times when my parents lived in the area.

Not a very populated area, guessing Corydon, IN or Santa Claus are the closet areas to stay in but could be wrong. A lot of woods to hunt down there and saw a lot of nice deer shot in the area. Good luck and hope someone can help you out.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Best advice I can give you is to but Brad Herndons book Mapping Trophy Whitetails. Apply the information in that book to topo maps of the area you want to hunt. Good luck

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys! Ive never heard of that book, I will look it up on Amazon. Im hoping to get into it and actually give myself the best chance at seeing deer on such a quick notice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts