Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 625 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's use this area to talk about hunting this season in the hoosier state... trail cam pics, what you have been seeing out scouting, the big bucks that you are chasing, etc. Any pointers you can give to help out other archers. Successful hunting stories and pics. Post it up. On a side note, keep all posts friendly and respectful. Let's have fun with this thread.

Good luck and be safe this season....Above all enjoy your time in the great outdoors.

·
Registered
132 Posts

I've got a couple really nice resident bucks but I'm anxious to see what other bucks might come cruising through in November. This is my first year on this property so it'll be a learning curve.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice bucks fonman25, looks like a couple of shooters for sure.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ttt

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
Going to my family's property this weekend to check cams and bushog and prep a spot for a decent sized turnip and brassica plot later in August. Been seeing a lot of good deer in my region of the Ohio Valley.

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
image.jpg hope to set my sights on one of these guys this season. I've been bow hunting for almost 14years and have yet to take a mature buck with a bow. Only does and a couple of buttons (in my youthful days prior to knowing better) image.jpg

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Deer trails are being torn up this summer. Have been getting all kinds of does on camera. Hopefully they will pull in some big bucks too.

This is the best buck I have gotten on camera this year.

Very similar to the 8 I shot last year, but pretty confident a big 10 and a 11 made it through last year.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Slow so far on cameras. Waiting for a couple nice ones from last fall to show up on cameras before season starts. Motivation always increases with pictures of deer worth getting up at 4am.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ttt

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
As soon as my new pins come in for my sight I'll get started on broad head tuning. can't wait to set a 3 blade vpa loose on a deer

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As soon as my new pins come in for my sight I'll get started on broad head tuning. can't wait to set a 3 blade vpa loose on a deer
Nice, I can't wait to try out my new bow this season. Anybody else excited about taking a new rig to the woods this year?

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Checking two cameras this Saturday morning. This is new property for me. it is exactly .21 miles west of the Gary IN city limits, between Gary and Griffith(Calumet Township). Did a quick scout the other day when it was hot. Lots of trails and tracks and the land owner says he has 4-5 in his back yard every night. I have never hunted close to town like this before. Ought to be fun!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ttt

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No kidding, he could easily be a Pope and Young deer next year

1 - 20 of 625 Posts